Are you looking for a new challenge to progress you career within Research nursing? Do you think you could contribute to a busy and dynamic clinical research team? We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated nurse to join our friendly Critical Care research team. You should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability and initiative to work independently. You should be able to manage your workload flexibly across a range of projects and deadlines in a fast-pace working environment.Main duties of the job
You will be an essential member of the Critical Care research team, leading a growing portfolio of observational research and clinical trials of investigational medicines & devices within this specialty. The role will include supporting the delivery of commercial and non-commercial studies. You will work closely with a dynamic multi-disciplinary research team to deliver our portfolio of studies.
You will be required to liaise with trial site coordinators for site initiation visits, site visits and site closures as appropriate. You will be required to attend research meetings on a regular basis.About us
There are excellent opportunities for further education and research development as part of these roles, with access to CPD funding and revalidation support. Opportunities for developing new research and clinical skills are available and actively encouraged.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesCLINICAL:
- Work with the team to manage and coordinate and support existing and new portfolio of clinical research whilst working as part of a multidisciplinary team. Maintaining effective communication with patients, carers and professionals to ensure service delivery. Assist in selecting, screening and organising the patients and/or volunteers suitable for entry into clinical trials/studies when applicable.
- Act as a resource and support to patients and their relatives, explaining practical aspects of the trial or study, assisting and supporting local nursing teams.
- Coordinate the collection of all biological samples required as part of the clinical trial/study and ensure safe and appropriate storage of specimens, in conjunction with Sponsors.
- Ensure the safe administration of trial drugs, have knowledge of the legal requirements of a clinical trial sponsor regarding pharmacovigilance and of the Trust pharmacovigilance policy. Report any adverse events and reactions in accordance with this policy and the trial protocol.
- At all times to ensure clear, accurate records are maintained by the team.
- Implement and adhere to the principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and ensure that all trials are conducted according to the Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trial) Regulations 2004 and Amended Regulations 2006 where appropriate.
- To oversee the routine maintenance and servicing of clinical equipment as appropriate
- To represent Guys and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust as a research nurse in external situations, for example national and international conferences, committees etc. as appropriate.
- To report any adverse incident/near misses in relation to that activity to peers and external stakeholders as required
- To facilitate and maintain effective communication within the clinical and research team.
- To responsibly support the control of equipment, resources and stock through the adherence of research policies and clinical trials budgets.
- Ensure mandatory clinical trials training is undertaken and updated as required.
- To be responsible for developing and sustaining own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness.
- You will be accountable for your own professional actions, acting within clearly defined policies/procedures and codes of conduct including the NMC code and Trust policy.
- To act in accordance with local policies and procedures laid down by Guys and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust and ensure that all mandatory training for nursing staff within the Trust is attended.
- To work within the NMC Scope of Professional Practice and Code of Conduct.
- To undertake Performance Development Review annually to identify organisational and professional objectives and developmental needs.
- To keep up to date with departmental, Trust, NHS, academic and EU developments for the management of clinical research ensuring timely, effective implementation of changes.
- To attend courses as deemed relevant, including mandatory training, and to attend meetings and conferences as appropriate
- NMC Level One Registration - RN Adult
- Awareness of changing trends within health & critical care.
- Experience in relevant critical care setting
- Experience in research methodologies
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a small team, as well as part of the wider multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work across boundaries, integrating with multidisciplinary staff in relation to research trials.
- Word processing, report writing and presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Commitment to achieving objectives of the research team
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Thomas Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.