Do you have experience of a senior post in an emergency / critical care environment (Band 6 or 7) ideally in Outreach, with a recognised critical care qualification?
Would you now like to develop your critical care and leadership skills and gain valuable professional development working within a supportive team across both Trust hospitals? If so a vacancy exists for a suitable applicant within the dynamic MTW Critical Care Outreach Team.Main duties of the job
You should also have an interest in teaching, excellent communication skills, be motivated and flexible, be a strong team player and have the ability to drive practice forward.
You would be expected to work on both sites although preferences can generally be accommodated. They would also be expected to rotate onto night duty.
Please see Job Description and Person specification for full details.About us
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 500,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ over 6,500 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
Following your Corporate Induction you will be expected to attend the Trusts 2-week Induction Programme for RNs, NAs, RMs, ODPs and Paramedics. The programme is full-time (please email email@example.com if this is problematic)and will involve travel to both Trust sites. The programme includes supernumerary shifts in the clinical area, classroom-based sessions and e-learning.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Level 1 Registration. Evidence of professional and education development at an advanced level.
- ENB 998 or other relevant mentoring qualification.
- Recognised Critical Care Course
- Degree qualification - or working towards a degree
- Teaching qualification and/or evidence of proficient teaching skills
- ILS and/or ALS
- ALS provider/instructor
- ALERT course/Instructor/ AIMS
- Masters degree
- Leadership qualification.
- Teaching qualification
- Relevant experience with inserting intravenous devices (or willingness to undertake cannulation) and IV drug administration
- Experience of nursing patients with central venous devices, tracheostomies, non-invasive ventilation & arterial blood gas analysis
- Skills in physical assessment
- Leadership experience
- Has been involved in audit & research collection
- Senior post in critical care environment (Band 6 or 7) ideally in Outreach.
- Experience at ward/department management level
- Can undertake arterial blood gas stabs.
- Led on research/audit/project/ change management initiatives
- Previous outreach experience.
- Proven advanced clinical knowledge and skills in relation to critical care management & assessment.
- Excellent presentational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills relating to excel, word and powerpoint
- Evidence of leading and developing staff
- Recognises and is confident in resolving conflict
- Able to think creatively and with innovation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An understanding of organisational management issues
- Proven track record of achievement in change
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.