An exciting Senior Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP) opportunity has arisen within the Cheshire & Merseyside NHS Talking Therapies Supervision Hub. We are passionate about advocating for best practice, building trust, collaborating with our stakeholders and promoting good staff health and wellbeing.
This is a great time to join a dynamic team, that are helping to shape the future NHS Talking Therapies workforce in Cheshire and Merseyside.
The Senior PWP role will provide Clinical Skills supervision to trainee and qualified PWPs across Cheshire and Merseyside in line with the NHS Talking Therapies Manual guidance. Post holders will need to effectively collaborate with external NHS Talking Therapies services, have a good understanding of the training demands for PWP trainees including assessments and additional supervision support needs. Successful candidates will also have a small clinical caseload and no line management responsibilities. Additionally, the team are offered a range of CPD opportunities.
All candidates must be registered with the BABCP/BPS as a PWP. Part time working requests will be considered
Candidates who reside outside of Cheshire and Merseyside are welcome to apply for the vacancies. On occasion, post holders will be expected to attend meetings in person.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as part of the NHS Talking Therapies Supervision Hub, to monitor and develop the Step 2 workforce in Cheshire and Merseyside, and provide clinical supervision for Apprentice, Trainee and qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners.
The role requires flexibility in working within multiple trusts/third sector organisations, to adhere to a range of policies and procedures in line with the NHS Talking Therapies Manual. The post holder will hold a post graduate/graduate NHS Talking Therapies qualification in Low intensity working, have completed an NHS Talking Therapies Supervisors course or be willing to complete a course.
The post holder will provide high volume evidence based practice at step 2. Be competent in delivering the range of evidence-based interventions including: guided self-help, digital programmes and psycho education courses and to work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages, using interpreters when necessary and may be called upon to work in various settings.
Take a proactive role in the supervision, development, support and training of Apprentice, Qualified and Trainee Psychological Well-being Practitioners (PWPs). Work with the NHS Talking Therapies Supervision Hub Management/Team to support the evolvement of the Supervision Hub model and to lead on key elements of development.About us
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (CWP) supports thousands of vulnerable people across Cheshire and Merseyside. We provide physical, mental health and learning disability services to a total population of around one million people.
We offer a variety of roles at all levels, so whether you are just starting out in your career or you are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, CWP is the right employer for you.
Visit our 'Working for us' pages on our website to find out more about why you should choose CWP.
CWP are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
We welcome applications from people who have direct experience of accessing our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please download a copy of the job description for a full copy.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
To ensure that we continue to provide Outstanding for Care (as recently been awarded by CQC), CWP recruits people that can demonstrate the Trusts Values and Behaviours in their everyday life. Therefore, if you are invited to interview, you will be undertaking a Values Based Interview/Assessment ,
which explores not only what you do but how and why you do it.
Before applying, we encourage you to review the Trusts Values and Behaviours which are the 6 Cs Communication, Competence, Courage, Care, Compassion and Commitment. A Guide to completing your application form can be accessed on the right side of this page under the job description.
The Supporting Information Section in your application should therefore reflect your understanding of the Trusts Values and associated Behaviours. You will be expected to provide us with examples from work experience and/or personal life which demonstrate these values through your behaviour.
If your disability meets the definition set out in the Equality Act 2010, and you can show that you meet the essential criteria described in the person specification for an available position, please answer YES to the question: Do you wish to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme? Please also inform the team if you have any special support needs to be considered as part of the interview and selection processes.
All new clinical support staff will be required to have completed or working towards the Care Certificate (CWP In-house 2 day training to be completed within 6 months of start date).
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. Please note that DBS costs will be waived for applicants who are being recruited for COVID-19 reasons.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of �13 per year applies. Please see attached Update Service Applicant Guide document for further information.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
If you experience any technical difficulties or need help when making an application please contact our Recruitment Team on 01244 393100 and quote the vacancy reference number.
Good luck with your application. We hope to welcome you to Team CWP very soon.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NHS Talking Therapies Post Graduate/Graduate Certificate in evidence based psychological Interventions OR Post graduate certificate involving mental health in primary care
Knowledge and ExpertiseEssential
- An NHS Talking Therapies qualification in supervision
- Psychology degree
- BPS/BABCP registration
- Knowledge of different models for understanding anxiety and depression and how it may present in primary care.
- Understanding of models of Biopsychosocial assessment, referral management, recordkeeping and evidence-based brief psychological interventions
- Experience of working with clients in a primary care setting
- A good understanding of the NHS Talking Therapies model and service delivery
- Ability to carry out a range of evaluation and monitoring techniques
- Ability to work through interpreters
- Significant experience of working with people with common mental health problems
- Able to manage own case load efficiently and achieve agreed activity targets.
- Ability to demonstrate a range of post-qualifying experiences in offering and delivering the range of evidence-based IAPT low intensity interventions.
- Experience of and ability to provide mentorship and supervision to qualified and trainee PWP's
- Consolidated and reflective supervised post-qualifying experience in a community setting.
- Experience of assessing and working with a wide spectrum of mental health issues and working with people with common mental health problems
- Experience of working within the NHS Talking Therapies culture
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of dealing with issues relating to Child Protection/vulnerable adult legislation
- Substantial experience of multi-disciplinary teamwork
- Experience of 'partnership working'
- Evidence of working within a service development role.
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Delamere Resource Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.