Hounslow & Richmond Community Healthcare Trust are currently searching for a dedicated Healthcare Assistant to support their fantastic Immunisations team as a member of the School Age Vaccination Service (SAV), to support the safe delivery and triage of the nasal flu and other vaccination programmes within the SAV teams.Main duties of the job
- The main duties of a Immunisations Health Care Assistant include, supporting School Nasal Flu Programme (SAV) with consent forms & highlighting concerns to the Immunisation Nurse.
- Prepare all necessary equipment required prior to sessions and wear adequate PPE in line with current national guidelines and ensure safe and proper disposal of clinical waste.
- Observing and monitoring children post vaccination and escalating any concerns to the Nurse in charge and will also be required to attend mandatory/statutory training and ensure any risk observed is reported in the appropriate way.
HRCH provides community health services for around 523,000 people registered with GPs in the London boroughs of Hounslow and Richmond.The Trust currently employ around 1,300 people, who work across a wide range of health centres, hospitals, GP surgeries, childrens centres, local council facilities and in community settings including in peoples homes. This helps people across the community to stay well, manage their own health with the right support and avoid stays in hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Participate in the child immunisation programme. This will require the capacity to assess children, understand the conditions for delivering an immunisation, understand the limitations, understand the follow-up, and understand the essential advice to provide the child.
understanding the relevant Patient Group Direction, the relevant Immunisation Green Book (D.O.H.) chapter, and the immunisation storage and transit instructions.
Assist in detecting and defending children who are at risk of abuse by acting in accordance with the local Safeguarding Children's Board policies. Participate in campaigns relating to the Childhood Immunisation Campaign that promote health, public health, and education. Also, to blend solo and collaborative work.
Clinical responsibilities will consist of adhering to infection prevention measures, determining hazards and clinical occurrences in accordance with HRCH policy, and notifying the line manager and recognising every aspect of consent.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NVQ Level 3 in relevant subject to the role or equivalent level of qualification and/or above.
- Knowledge of Immunisations is desirable but not essential.
- NHS experience not essential as training will be provided.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NHS ward-based experience as a Healthcare Assistant
Hounslow and Richmond Community NHS Healthcare TrustAddress
180 High Street,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.