The Amersham Adult Community Health Care Team (ACHT) is delighted to announce a fixed term Band 6 Community Nurse /Case Manager position to cover training.
This position is a fixed term position ending in August 2024 to cover secondment training. This is an exciting opportunity if you have been working in the community as a CSN and would like to develop or someone returning to the community with the skills and experience to work as a Case Manager. It would also be a fantastic opportunity for someone currently working bank or agency in the community who would like some stability without a long term commitmentMain duties of the job
The ACHT reflects an integrated approach that has been designed in response to the changing needs of the local population, with a special emphasis being placed on the proactive vision of care for patients in the community setting, including caseload management, prevention of admission, reablement and end of life care. In addition, emphasis is being placed on candidates to successfully facilitate timely discharge from hospital utilising a co-ordinated approach to care in partnership with key care partners.
The ACHT provide a 7 days a week service, which can react to the patients needs as and when required. The successful candidates will be expected to work within a shift patterns.
Required skills include:
* Co-ordination and ability to lead a team within a primary healthcare setting utilising an integrated approach to care.
* Setting, maintaining and delivering high standards of care in a variety of locations.
* Ensuring rapid access to complex care provision to improve end of life care.
* Case load management: being responsible for the assessment, implementation and evaluation of individualised evidence based care plans.
* Working in partnership with other agencies to address the needs of the patient.
* Leadership / management role within a designated team.
We are looking for a qualified District Nurse or an experienced Community Nurse who has experience within the community setting as a development role.About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Main advert details (continued) What do we stand for?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our care values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Registered Allied Healthcare Professional / Registered Level 1 Nurse
- Degree/ Diploma in Health / Nursing Studies or related subject
- Evidence of recent Continuous Professional Development
- Relevant post graduate clinical training e.g. Elderly, Long Term Conditions, Respiratory Disease, Cardiac Disease, Dementia, Rehabilitation, Trauma and Orthopaedics and End of Life
- Demonstrate broad experience post registration within a variety of core areas
- In depth experience of working within multi agency / multi disciplinary team
- Experience working in the community at a minimum of band 5
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Strong experience of working in a community/in-patient setting - post registration
- Experience of assisting with implementing change management programmes e.g. service development
- Experience of electronic clinical systems
- Experience participating in a research or audit project
- Experience of day to day staff management e.g. case allocation to Health Care Assistants
- Demonstrate specialist clinical assessment, analysis, planning, delivery and evaluation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self awareness
- Have a drivers licence and a car that can be used for work purposes
- Ability to manage complex cases
- Ability to develop and maintain partnership working
- Knowledge of legal requirements for working with vulnerable adults and those who lack capacity
- Knowledge of modernisation agenda within the NHS and social care
- Report writing skills
- IT skills
- Teaching patients, carers and colleagues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Valid and current driving license or able to travel to locations throughout Buckinghamshire
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Amersham ACHT Amersham Hospital
Wheilden Street Amersham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.