Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist? Do you have an interest in staff wellbeing?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a registered Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist to join our Staff Health and Wellbeing Team on a permanent contract.
Our ergonomics service aims to reduce and prevent musculoskeletal injuries within our staff group and you would be a key member of the team. This role is an excellent opportunity to impact and influence staff wellbeing and direct patient care.
You will deliver manual handling education and training for all levels of staff as well as providing specialist manual handling advice and support to clinical and non-clinical teams. In addition to performing individual employee risk assessments for both manual handling and ergonomics.
This role is a part time Band 6 Ergonomic Advisor (Manual Handling Advisor). The office base for the role is at St Marks Hospital but you will be travelling across our Berkshire Healthcare sites and there is some flexibility to work from home when the service allows. Part time and job share options will be considered.Main duties of the job
- Deliver evidenced based moving and handling training and education
- Undertake individualised employee assessments on ergonomics and manual handling both virtually and face to face
- Perform individualised risk assessments for patients with complex moving and handling needs
- Undertaking advanced assessment of difficult and complex workplace issues. Subsequently, implement appropriate and evidence-based equipment provision, in order to reduce the risk of harm to patients, their carer's and staff
- Assist with risk management, including datix incident management support and policy development
- Promote health and wellbeing for trust employees
- To deputise for the Senior Ergonomic Advisor in matters relating to the ergonomics team. This will include attending meetings, deputising for or making decisions with regards to other areas of Health and Wellbeing when required to do so
Berkshire Healthcare has a record of achievement and success that places us as one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We are rated 'Outstanding' by the CQC, we have a history of strong financial performance, and we have a highly skilled and engaged workforce. We aspire to be an outstanding organisation for everyone: our people, our patients, their families, and their carers.
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
- Salary ranging from �37,162 - �44,629 Per Annum (inclusive of HCAS)
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- Annual leave - 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff
- And so much more
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.
The Trust may close any vacancy prior to the advertised closing date due to the high level of responses we receive for some of our vacancies.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. The must haves for you to be considered for this role: You will be a registered health professional (e.g. nurse, OT, physiotherapist) with post-registration experience in a clinical setting You must have knowledge of the principles of safe manual handling and ergonomics know how to apply these within a healthcare environment Training is a key component of the role and previous experience of teaching or training delivery is highly desirable You will work autonomously and must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to influence and motivate others, and possess good planning and organisational skills A manual handling and ergonomic qualification is desirable however, support to complete a relevant qualification will be provided if required
If you recognise yourself in these requirements, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please dont hesitate to call: Emma Porter, Senior Ergonomic Advisor
on 07880554249or email Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org
wholl be happy to help.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Professional Clinical qualification i.e. Physiotherapist, Nurse occupational Therapist
- Registered Health Care Professional e.g. registered with HPC or NMC
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Post graduate qualification in Manual Handling/ biomechanics
- Qualification in Occupational Safety and Health
- Evidence of a recognised teaching certificate/ qualification
- Member of the National Back Exchange
- Maintenance of professional standards
- Updating of health and safety knowledge
- Evidence of current CPD portfolio
- Background in physiotherapy, manual handling, ergonomics, or related healthcare profession.
- Experience in training and practical demonstration
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working in an advisory ergonomic/manual handling role within a range of healthcare / social settings
- An engaging and competent trainer and presenter
- A proven track record of innovation and problem solving
- Knowledge of specialist equipment required when manual handling in clinical practice
- Understanding of NHS structures
- Sound knowledge of all legislation pertinent to manual handling
- Sound knowledge of current guidance/strategy from DOH, RCN, NBE
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to travel to meet the requirements of the post
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
St Marks Hospital
112 St Marks Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.