HR Advisor Opportunity Fixed Term
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have experience in Employee Relations or as an HR Advisor?
Due to career progression of our current post holder a fantastic opportunity has become available for a HR Advisor
to join the HR Team - winner of non-clinical team of the year award 2020.
In this role you will be involved in key HR operational activities, with an emphasis on the management of conduct, sickness absence, grievance and dignity and respect cases. You will also provide high quality generalist HR advice to our clinical and non-clinical service managers on a wide range of topics including organisational change and NHS terms and conditions of service.Main duties of the job
You will be joining a team, whose role is to support our Trusts Divisions to deliver high quality care. No day is the same, as such you will need to be confident working both autonomously and as part of our wider HR Advisor team.
As an HR Advisor, you will actively contribute to our success through the delivery of HR expertise to a division that has both acute and community based care. You will share your knowledge and experience of working within a complex unionised environment to support the Trust's workforce agenda.
CIPD Level 5 qualified, you will have significant experience of independently managing a wide range of employee relations case work, applying current employment legislation and effectively prioritising a heavy case load in accordance with required timescales. You will have demonstrable experience working in a similar employee relations role, including giving general HR advice, undertaking related HR administration, and assisting managers at all levels within the organisation with investigations and the presentation of cases.
We operate a hybrid model of working from home and site base working.
We may close the advert earlier if there is a significant number of applicants.About us
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, youll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
Were committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Post graduate qualification with CIPD or equivalent relevant experience
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- ECDL qualification or equivalent
- Up to date knowledge of Employment Law & Best Practice
- Ability to build positive relationships with managers, colleagues, trade unions etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff / management
- Ability to plan, organise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to persuade and negotiate
- Excellent team player & ability to work autonomously
- Manage a varied workload & prioritise accordingly
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Ability to generate reports and draft policies
- Presentation skills
- Awareness of HR policies & procedures and how these are applied within the NHS
- Knowledge of NHS and services provided
- Willing and able to travel to a variety of sites
- Evidence based generalist HR experience which involves advising managers on all HR issues
- Experience of handling employee relations issues e.g. Grievance, Disciplinary etc.
- Experience of using HR databases to record and access information
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of supervising staff
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.