We are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals with anaesthetic experience to work within our dynamic Theatre team at the world renowned Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
A Band 6 Operating Department Practitioner/ Anaesthetic Nurse to work in this internationally accredited teaching hospital. The role would involve working in various specialities including Trauma & Orthopaedics, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Plastic Surgery and Spinal.
The main responsibility will be the point of contact for our Opthalmic/Dental Theatres in Mandeville Wing. Ensuring the smooth running of the lists answerable to Band 7 Anaesthetics and Mandeville Wing Sister. The successful applicant will still however be expected to take part in the oncall roster and work as required in the other Theatre complexes.Applicants must be a Registered Nurse with an appropriate Anaesthetic course or a Registered ODP.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of yourself and others.
- Promote and deliver best evidence based practice within your own scope of practice
- Adhere to all Trust Policies and Procedures Always respect the patients dignity, wishes and beliefs
- Assemble, check and prepare all appropriate anaesthetic equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures, incorporating various types of anaesthesia
- Coordinate the use of supplies and equipment, ensuring that it is used in an appropriate and safe manner
- Take part in all appropriate Safety Checks including WHO Team Brief, Time In and Time Out and all Mandatory Patient checks including Consent, Patient Identity and Operative site and complete all necessary documentation as required
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation,QualificationsEssential
- Qualified ODP or Registered Nurse
- Recognised Anaesthetic Course
- Recognised teaching and assessment qualification
- Completion of appropriate management and leadership programme
- ALS Qualification
- Recognised advanced communication skills
Skills,Abilities & KnowledgeEssential
- Significant experience as a Band 5 Anaesthetic Nurse/ODP
- Previous experience in teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Recognised advanced specialist training in chosen field ( or equivalent experience)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to utilise word, power point and excel to a level of producing documents, report
- Dexterity and accuracy required for medicine administration and clinical interventions
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate non antagonistic behaviour in stressful situations.
- Evidence of participation in audit, research and development of staff
- Ability to plan and organise complex activities, programmes which may need adjustment on a regular basis depending on activity
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work a 7 on 7 off rota
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.