We are looking for an experienced, motivated and committed Band 7 Heart Failure Nurse to work within our busy, innovative, proactive community team providing Heart Failure Services to patients across Primary Care setting. This post is permanent.
The post holder will ensure that the highest level of care for heart failure patients is provided based on best practice. They will work collaboratively with the MDT to ensure that patients receive seamless care. They will provide care for patients in virtual clinic, their homes and in face to face clinic setting.
The post holder will have extensive cardiology experience, ideally within the specialty of heart failure.
This post will involve working across the London Borough of Ealing. PROMOTING EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENTMain duties of the job
- Provide specialist nursing advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients/clients and relatives/carers in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team and in line with local and national targets.
- The post holder will deputise for their line manager in the absence of their line manager. This will involve dealing with complex situations and having to take appropriate action in a variety of settings.
- To be flexible in the approach to the clinical area and to provide cover for any area specified.
- Act as a professional role model providing direct and indirect clinical care, including teaching and research.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEDUCATIONEssential
- Registered nurse
- Teaching and assessing qualification or equivalent experience
- Cardiac course
- Degree in management/nursing
- Leadership qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Phlebotomy and/or cannulation
- Knowledge of NHS, NHS plan and wider context
- Good IT skills
- Able to manage difficult situations effectively
- To be able to work both as part of team and individually
- Significant post registration experience within cardiology/cardiothoracic nursing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working within the community
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.