The Medical Education Lead will work collaboratively with the Director of Medical Education and the Head of Clinical Education to ensure that the Trust meets its contractual requirements and is compliant with national, regional and local policies and procedures pertaining to postgraduate and undergraduate medical education. The remit of this post covers the development and provision of high-quality medical education, performance monitoring and the provision of effective, supportive and innovative learning environments.Main duties of the job
The post holder is responsible for the overall co-ordination of the medical education programmes, ensuring effective delivery of education and training in line with the requirements of the Trust, GMC, Commissioners and the Royal Medical Colleges.
The post holder is also responsible for the day to day running of the Trust's Education Centres and its facilities including room allocations, maintenance and security of the building, audio/visual and computer equipment, and for making recommendations for improvements.About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued, and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationSKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Articulate with an ability to communicate service-based information to professionals, stakeholders and external organisations using negotiating, persuasive and reassurance skills.
- Demonstrable skills in the analysis of complex facts and situations
- Ability to interpret and compare a range of options in problem solving
- Ability to evaluate and report monthly to Education Executive.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritise multiple workloads & deadlines and work under pressure
EDUCATION, QULIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- Ability to operate independently and to manage a department and interpret organisational policy.
- Ability to provide highly accurate data and reports using keyboard skills.
- Educated to master's level or working/willing to work towards
- Evidence of recent and continuing CPD
- Formal Leadership Development training and significant experience at senior level
- Management & supervision experience at a senior level in medical education within healthcare
- Experience in managing complex projects and educational programmes
- Innovative business management approach to improve departmental organisation and efficiency
- Ability to manage and monitor the physical assets of the department
- Finance experience (budgets, expenditure, forecasts)
- Quality focussed with high standards for education, learning and development
- Evidence of engagement with quality improvement
- Evidence of ability to work within and lead a team of individuals to achieve a shared goal.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Current valid driving licence, car owner/driver
- Ability to travel to off and to other sites within the Trust site.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.