Now is an increasingly exciting time in our Clinical Digital journey at QEH. The financial plan to implement Norfolk and Waveney's three acute hospital Electronic Patient Record (EPR) has been approved by the three Trust Boards and NHS England.
The new digital patient record solution, which will improve staff and patient experience, is part of a national ambition the government has to revolutionise how information is stored to provide better joined-up care. Implementing a programme of this size requires wide-spread change and improvement that will see benefits for our patients and staff for many years to come. We are looking for someone to join our established / growing project team as an Senior EPR Business Intelligence Analyst.
*Please note previous applicants need not apply.Main duties of the job
- To be the principal data, information and reporting lead for the EPR project.
- To report to the Information Team and the EPR project team on data readiness and schemes to improve readiness and data quality.
- Develop professional relationships and support effective communication between all relevant stakeholders both internal and external through detailed analysis and sharing of comprehensive business intelligence.
- Undertake data quality work, monitoring and investigating information variances, working with the Information Services Team and colleagues to actively pursue discrepancies and identify changes in data collection requirements to ensure that consistently high quality and compliant data is available and supplied in an understandable and usable format for analysis.
- Participate in relevant meetings e.g. EPR project meetings, providing information advice and support where requested.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) King's Lynn is located near some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK, along the north Norfolk coast, and not far from Sandringham House.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialist, acute, obstetrics and community-based healthcare services to around 331,000 people across west and north Norfolk, in addition to parts of Breckland, Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire.
We have more than 4,000 staff and volunteers, approximately 530 beds, and a helipad for air ambulances. We work with neighbouring hospitals for the provision of tertiary services, including as part of regional partnership and network models of care, such as the trauma network.
In February 2022 the significant progress that has been made at QEH was recognised by the Care Quality Commission who rated the Trust as 'Good' in all of the core services they inspected. They recommended the Trust moves out of the recovery support system (formerly special measures).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details on this vacancy, please see the attached job description and personal specification.Person SpecificationQualifications/training and professional developmentEssential
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area - information / data analysis
- Evidence of relevant continued professional development
Skills, abilities, and knowledgeEssential
- Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2
- Training in improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma
- Excellent data manipulation & interpretation skills using MS Excel
- Good analytical skills using MS SQL Server tools
- Ability to analyse and interpret information, pre-empt and evaluate issues, and recommend appropriate course of action to address the issues
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to extract key messages from complex analysis
- Clear communicator with excellent writing, report writing and presentation skills capable of constructing and delivering clear ideas and concepts concisely and accurately for diverse audiences
- Skills for communication on complex matters and difficult situations, requiring persuasion and influence
- Skills for nurturing key relationships and maintaining networks
- Experience of using and creating reports using PowerBI
- Knowledge of EPR systems and project implementation
- Significant experience of working in data analysis roles
- Experience of undertaking complex analysis of information from a range of sources
- Experience of EPR programmes & data readiness
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker with demonstrates good judgement, problem-solving and analytical skills
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and trust
- Used to working in a busy environment
- Adaptable, flexible and able to cope with uncertainty and change
- Professional, calm and efficient manner
- Effective organiser
- Demonstrates a strong desire to improve performance and make a difference by focusing on goals
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHSFTAddress
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Kings Lynn
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.