Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust is a Top Employer Award Winner and works in partnership to provide responsive and dependable primary care, mental health, learning disabilities and substance misuse services to the diverse and culturally rich communities we serve.
In our quest to deliver patient-focused quality care we are looking to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic full time Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join our forward thinking, friendly and expanding Healthcare and Wellbeing team at HMYOI Feltham. By joining our Team, you will not only look after the mental healthcare needs of the young people and adults in our care, but who also have the opportunity to have a real impact on promoting health and well-being.
Working in partnership with the criminal justice system and other agencies, we provide responsive, dependable and high-quality primary care and mental health services to existing young people and adults in the communities we serve, to improve their health status and to encourage social inclusion.
PLEASE NOTE ANY CANDIDATE WISHING TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE WILL BE SUBJECT TO VETTING CLEARANCE. THIS REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE BEEN A RESIDENT IN THE UK FOR A MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS. CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERION NEED NOT APPLY.Main duties of the job
This is a varied role working within a rich multidisciplinary team, and requires utilising standardised Occupational Therapy assessment and interventions, within a trauma informed approach. The post can see you working on either Feltham B (18-21-year-old young men), or Feltham A (15-18 year-old boys), however, it is possible duties may require cover for both.
Working within an integrated team affords us the benefit of being able to work in a truly holistic and responsive manner. The post holder will ideally have previous experience in a relevant forensic and/or CAMHS service, and experience of multi-professional and multi-agency working. Knowledge of assessment and intervention approaches relevant to Occupational Therapy with young people and adults is also required. A knowledge of working with a Trauma Informed Approach is also a requirement.About us
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust offers its staff ongoing career progression through monthly supervision, annual personal development plans/appraisals and access to exciting internal and external training opportunities.
The trust also values its staff and you are entitled to become a member of MyTrustBenefits. MyTrustBenefits is an online portal for all CNWL staff, as well as their family and friends. It offers over 1400 discounts at hundreds of retailers nationwide. Save money on your weekly food shops, toiletries, cosmetics, cinema, meals out, holidays, travel and entertainment. You can also access free online courses on a variety of topics, professional and personal, ranging from business management, languages, law and teaching.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will demonstrate the Trusts values in everything done within the work environment, and will have some knowledge of the provision of Occupational Therapy with young people and young adults. You will ensure that Occupational Therapy input is effective, responsive and meets the needs of the young people and/or young adults of Feltham YOI in line with Care Pathways.
The successful candidate will have clinical skills and experience in managing episodes of treatment that require complex communication, co-ordination and case management skills. You will undertake tasks as delegated by the Lead Occupational Therapist in the ongoing development and delivery of Occupational Therapy within Feltham YOI. You will also demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
It takes a very special, dedicated, resilient and caring clinician to provide care in such an intense, dynamic environment and you will be joining like-minded exceptional healthcare professionals in a dedicated and supportive team. Our motto? Caring not judging. What we Offer
- Excellent training and development
- Ongoing supervision and appraisals
- Hidden Gem and annual award ceremonies
- Excellent staff benefits: our benefit packages are amongst the best in London and include: childcare vouchers, health and wellbeing services, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and relocation package. We are also proud to support our employees with continued professional development opportunities and further education subject to service needs.
- We welcome flexible working and will consider part-time applicants.
- 1.BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (or equivalent).
- 2.State registered Occupational Therapist (HCPC)
- 3.Previous experience in Occupational therapy practice
- 4.Evidence of further training/ post qualification at Masters level or equivalent experience relevant to the role.
- 3.Previous experience of caseload management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- 1.Previous experience of working with young people and young adults
- 2.Previous experience of providing mentorship and supervision of other Occupational Therapy colleagues/students
- 4.Previous experience of knowledge, experience & skills within specialist area of CAMHS
- 5.Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team and multi-agency environment.
- Experience of managing difficult situations with young people and their families that have mental health conditions and challenging behaviours. :
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.