Are you a Speech and Language Therapist who enjoys working with adults in the community?
Do you enjoy working in a supportive team environment?
Are you looking for a permanent Band 6 position?
Then this job is for you!
The Adult Speech and Language Therapy Service in South West Essex is excited to recruit a Speech and Language Therapist to be part of our dynamic and forward thinking service. This is a full time vacancy but will consider part time applicants.
Our community Speech and Language Therapy team works across Brentwood, Billericay, Basildon, Wickford and Thurrock covering both general community and community inpatient settings. We are a welcoming and aspirational group of therapists with a clear vision and strong commitment to improving the lives of local people. We also place equal emphasis upon caring for each other and are proud to work within a trust that champions the health and well-being of its staff.Main duties of the job
We are looking for a suitably experienced individual who is able to work independently with a broad range of communication and swallowing presentations across community settings in South West Essex. You will have the opportunity to work with adult patients in a range of locations including client's own homes, care homes and community inpatient wards which will include both individual sessions and group work.
The role would suit an individual who is motivated with their development, enthusiastic and flexible in their approach to work. You will need to have excellent communication and negotiation skills, be able to work as part of a team and be able to motivate patients. You will be able to use highly developed interpersonal skills to quickly establish and foster strong relationships with a range of key individuals and multidisciplinary teams.
You will be working alongside experienced Speech and Language Therapists, Speech and Language Therapy assistants and the wider multidisciplinary team. You will also be required to participate in supervision and mentoring for other team members and students as part of the role.About us
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �1,192 and a maximum payment of �2,011 per annum pro rata).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nX8CImoDX8Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are able to offer you:
A friendly and supportive team environment.
Regular supervision and appraisals.
Regular Team and Service Meetings.
Opportunity to develop your personal and clinical skills through a range of learning experiences and team projects.
Access to clinical leads for advice/support.
Use of SystmOne as electronic patient record and mobile working.
Essex has good transport links to London and the surrounding areas.
You may have lots of questions about the role, therefore we actively encourage you to reach out and discuss any questions/concerns, so that you can apply in confidence.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
- Independently manage and differentially diagnose a caseload of adults with acquired and/or progressive communication, speech, language or eating and drinking disorders.
- 5 day per week Adult Speech and Language Therapy service to cover the adult general community population and community hospital inpatients.
- Service includes triage, assessment, management and / or therapy for as long as clinically indicated.
- Devise and deliver appropriate specialist intervention/care plans/enhanced models of SLT for clients and provide suitable and timely support.
- Undertake feeding/swallowing assessment and support according to the post holders level of experience/training. To ensure safe and appropriate management for dysphagic clients under your care.
- Work as part of the integrated therapies team ensuring the delivery of joined up care plans.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary support for clients with a range of speech, language, communication and/or swallowing difficulties.
- Provide feedback, advice and training to relatives, carers and/or members of the multidisciplinary team regarding communication needs and strategies to facilitate rehabilitation and the enabling of patients to communicate to the best of their ability.
- To work on allocated tasks in directed contexts.
- To keep up to date case records in accordance with service standards.
- To be aware of and ensure that clinical standards laid down by the service are met, and to make the Line Manager aware if this has not been achieved.
- To adapt practice to meet individual patients circumstances, including due regard for cultural and language differences.
- Develop and deliver training and support packages to a range of audiences to improve patient care.
- HCPC Licence to Practice
- Significant experience at undergraduate/post graduate level
- Driving license
- Experience using IT systems and computer literate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- well versed in system one
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Brentwood Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.