The post holder is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based patient care. Clinical expertise is utilised during all phases of the peri-operative period. Skilled assistance is provided in the anaesthetic, surgical and the post operative care of the patient.
These skills are also employed in other satellite areas e.g. A& E Resus, X-Ray, Obstetrics, Ophthalmology and any ward requiring anaesthetic intervention, providing complete 24hr emergency cover for which the post-holder carries a bleep.Main duties of the job
Communicate and develop a good professional working relationship with clinicians and all grades of staff within the department and other areas to ensure optimal patient care.Recognise the need and take responsibility for own continuing professional development (CPD).
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- HCPC Registered Operating Department Practitioner
- Teaching/Mentoring/ assessing qualification
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Previous experience of working within a theatre environment
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience in a wide variety of clinical specialities within the operating department
- Able to consistently demonstrate high quality patient care
- Effective communication skills
- Able to assume delegated responsibilities within a multi-disciplinary setting whilst recognising own dexterity limitations
- Put patients first
- Respectful of others
- Act with understanding of other peoples difficulties
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Must be able to participate on an On-call Rota and night shifts
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.