Are you a registered Occupational Therapist looking for a new challenge providing Falls Prevention in a highly diverse community,
Come and join our friendly and well established multi-disciplinary Falls Team, who work together to help people in the borough of Waltham Forest regain their independence and live the best life possible following a Fall.
It is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest as we are moving towards a health and social care integrated teams and you will have the opportunity to be part of this new way of working.
If you are a band 5 OT looking for your first band 6 post or an established band 6 OT with sound Falls, discharge planning and rehabilitation experience, we would love to hear from you.Main duties of the job
You will be part of an established and very cohesive and supportive Therapy team and will be given opportunities to further develop your knowledge and skills.
We have an established band 6 development programme and will be supported to teach and develop junior members of staff and students.About us
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are seeking a Band 6 Occupational Therapist in TheFalls Prevention Service
- offering falls prevention in the home & including Falls Education & Exercise Classes in the community to patients over 65, who are deemed at risk of falls or who have a history of falls.
You would then join the other rotations in WF which include: Rapid Response-
the team provides urgent multidisciplinary assessments and interventions to prevent avoidable hospital admissions. Integrated Supported Home Discharge team.
- The team operate a discharge to assess model from Whipps Cross Hospital and work closely with colleagues from social care to facilitate timely discharges from the acute wards. This role allow the therapist to follow the patient journey from hospital to home and offer rehabilitation in patient's own home to assist them in regaining their independence following an admission. Ainslie Rehabilitation Unit-
The team offers inpatient rehabilitation for patient requiring ongoing inpatient rehabilitation post acute hospital admission. The therapist work closely with nursing and medical colleagues to plan the rehabilitation and discharge arrangements. Community Rehabilitation Team-
This team offers 6 weeks of rehabilitation for patients referred from acute therapist, GPs and other community services and work closely with rehabilitation assistants to provide intensive rehabilitation. IntegratedDischarge Hub
- the discharge hub is a joint health and social care service, aimed at facilitating discharges from the acute setting, based on the home first principle. The therapists in the team act as discharge planning experts and support the transition from hospital to home.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further details on this vacancy.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Min 18 months experience as band 5 OT
- Acute and community experience
- experience of supervising rehab assistants
- experience in falls
- Assessment and treatment planning skills
- Complex discharge planning skills
- Degree in Occupational therapy
- post graduate CPD activity
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Falls Prevention Qualifications/Training
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Jane Atkinson Health & Wellbeing Centre
714 Forest Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.