To work as a member of a specialist crisis team within the wider community therapy team of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, associate practitioners and therapy assistants.
The post holder will assess, diagnose, implement and evaluate individual programmes of care for patients requiring crisis intervention services. The patients can be highly complex and have a range of physical dysfunction and/or disabilities resulting from injury, illness, surgery or chronic disease within a range of community establishments (including patient homes and care homes)
The post holder will also liaise closely with other professionals regarding the management and discharge of patients under your care (for example, consultants, GPs, district nurses, social workers and other AHPs). Main duties of the job
- To perform advanced and holistic therapeutic assessment and treatment to patients requiring crisis/urgent intervention, these patients are often complex and have diverse presentations
- To hold responsibility for own caseload of patients without direct supervision
- To be operationally managed day to day by the clinical lead for the crisis team and receive formal supervision individually or in group sessions
- to be responsible for providing formal clinical supervision and support to lesser experienced staff, this includes appraisals as well as informal support day to day for caseload management
- To work within established service/Trust policies and procedures and to contribute/propose changes for the development of operational / working practices relevant to the crisis serviceAbout us
If you are being interviewed you must accept an interview slot in the system to continue, even if you have arranged with the manager
To be eligible for Health and Care Worker visa sponsorship you will usually need to be paid at least �25,600 per year
We provide hospital services from two acute sites - Darlington Memorial Hospital and University Hospital of North Durham. We have a centre for planned care in Bishop Auckland and provide care from community hospitals in Chester-le-Street, Shotley Bridge, Barnard Castle, Sedgefield and Weardale as well as over 80 other community based settings and providing care in patients' homes.
At County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust our aim is to always deliver excellent care with compassion to deliver the highest quality of care our patients deserve. We value the personal skills, experiences and qualities that individuals bring to the Trust creating an inclusive working environment to attract talented people who feel motivated, involved and able to influence the future direction of our services. The wellbeing of staff is important to us we have a dedicated Health and Wellbeing team who provide support on a range of topics.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented
Full Job Descriptions can be found in the adverts supporting documentsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Own individual responsibilities and share team objectives
Lead or contribute to creating improvement, transformation and innovation of services
Contribute to creating a work environment that is marked by pride, enthusiasm and collaboration
Manage and/or contribute to financial performance and target delivery
Lead by action and inspire others acting as role model, demonstrating the leadership behaviours and values identified by CDDFT
Communicate positively and effectively
Actively give and receive feedback in a constructive manner
Be adaptable, work with integrity and be trustworthy
Show constancy, courage and resolve in the pursuit of the vision and aims of CDDFT
Actively contribute to improving the health and wellbeing of the population that is servedPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc/MSc in Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Evidence of CPD, including attendance at recent post-graduate courses relevant to the clinical fields in the specialism
Special Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- An understanding of County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, its culture, strategic direction, achievements and NHS standing
- Involvement in specific interest groups
- In depth and up to date knowledge and skills in the assessment and treatment of a wide range of physical disabilities
- Remain updated with professional practice and new research
- Understand clinical governance and its implications for services, including experiences of quality issues and audit
- Ability to comprehend and work within the Trusts policies of data protections, equal opportunities and health and safety. To meet the differing needs of patients.
- Ability to carry out moderate to intense physical effort throughout the working day and carry out concurrent activities.
- Ability to cope with working in a stressful environment and deal with emotional or aggressive patients and carers.
- Ability to work independently and organise , prioritise and delegate workload to meet service demands
- Understand the legal responsibilities of the profession.
- Able to organise, prioritise and delegate
- Evidence of self-directed learning and critical appraisal skills
- Able to use own initiative appropriately to enhance service delivery
- Presentational skills
- Competent IT skills (e.g. for electronic record keeping, emails)
- Comprehensive and relevant qualified experience in physical rehabilitation including recent general rehabilitation experience.
- Experience of collaborative working within multidisciplinary teams
- Evidence of communication skill within a wide variety of settings
- Experienced in staff appraisal
- Experienced in working in a variety of settings
- Experience of crisis management
- Ability to travel and carry small items of equipment on a daily basis to fulfil the requirements of the post
- Ability to meet physical demands of the post
- Commitment, motivation and ability to work flexibly within a multidisciplinary service
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- HCPC registered Physiotherapist
County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Spectrum Business Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.