This post provides an exciting opportunity to join a developing neuropsychology service, with a specific focus on facilitating strategic development, structure and leadership of neuropsychology provision within hospital inpatient services. Extensive previous experience of developing neuropsychology provision within inpatient neurological settings is required, as well as skills with consultation, multi-disciplinary working, and staff development.
The inpatient work will cover a wide range of clinical presentations, including different neurological and degenerative conditions, acquired brain injury, functional neurological disorder, as well as issues associated with neuro-surgery.
The post holder will work alongside an existing Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist to provide leadership and supervision to staff within the wider neuropsychology service, and to support with oversight of outpatient services in the absence of the existing consultant.
The neuropsychology team is friendly and supportive, and is situated as part of a wider Clinical Health Psychology Service (CHPS).Main duties of the job
This is a consultant level post that requires a range of key clinical and professional skills and extensive specialist clinical experience in neuropsychology and broader physical health and rehabilitation psychology in inpatient settings. The post holder will work alongside the existing Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist, taking a lead for the strategic development, leadership and management of inpatient neuroscience services supported by the Neuropsychology Service at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. They will also support the current Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist with outpatient neuropsychology services when required, with a reciprocal expectation. They will ensure the delivery of high quality patient care and experience in line with the Trust's strategic objectives. The post holder may also provide managerial support and professional leadership to other members of the psychology team working across a range of physical health specialities, as directed by the Head of Service.
Be responsible for ensuring the provision of effective teaching and training for psychologists and non psychologists across the service. To provide expert advice, clinical supervision and training to less experienced colleagues.
Offer specialist consultation, supervision and training to a range of other professions and services to enable the delivery of psychologically informed interventions.About us
We have 10000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You'll have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet fab people & do things you'd never have done.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care and enhancing their experience which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To be an experienced and capable clinician, clinical leader and professionally responsible for the day to day management and leadership of neuropsychology inpatient services in the Clinical Health Psychology Service and associated areas of physical health.
To be a highly effective consultant practitioner. Being professionally responsible for the leadership, management and development of the specialist inpatient provision of neuropsychology within LTHTr Clinical Health Psychology Service (CHPS), in collaboration with the Head of Service (CHPS) and other key stakeholders.
To undertake and oversee the delivery of specialist teaching, training, supervision and communication skills work as required within the speciality and wider service. Being professionally responsible for the quality of this aspect professional practice in collaboration with key stakeholders and the Head of Psychology Services.
To undertake and oversee the delivery of audits and research & development asrequired within the speciality. Being professionally responsible for the quality of this aspect professional practice within your speciality in collaboration with key stakeholders.
To work flexibly and responsively to the demands of a dynamic and evolving service adapting to change as required within the profession, speciality, wider service and organisation.Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology accredited by the HCPC (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 as accredited by the BPS).
- HCPC registered as a practitioner psychologist
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Qualification in supervision
- Evidence of peer reviewed publications, presentations at conferences, or similar contributions.
- Well developed highly specialised knowledge of the theory and practice of psychological models and therapies/interventions in clinical neuropsychology and health psychology.
- Doctoral level knowledge of clinical psychology theory and practice, assessment, psychological therapies and their application. Experience of two or more distinct psychological therapies.
- Knowledge of legislation and its implications for both practice and management of service.
- Knowledge of relevant standards, policies and guidelines in health and neuropsychology.
- Experience as a HCPC registered practitioner psychologist
- Able to work with a range of complex clinical presentations in various settings including inpatient and outpatient. Also to work under pressure whilst maintaining a high degree of professionalism
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment within the context of a multidisciplinary care plan.
- Experience in audit and evaluation of clinical services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of local NHS structures
- Experience of applying psychology within different contexts and settings
- Experience of service development.
- Experienced in the delivery of evidence based interventions in neuropsychology
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.