We are looking to a recruit a full-time consultant for Poole West CMHT, one of 3 linked CMHTs providing mental health care across the Poole area. Having 3 linked CMHTs all based on the same site at Alderney hospital provides advantages to the working environment and patient care. We would love to hear from you to discuss how together we might design this role around you and your specialist interests.
Work-life balance is important to all of us, when we support staff to achieve this there are benefits for you, our patients, and the Trust. We are committed to enabling flexible working and would welcome discussions around this. This may include but is not limited to compressed hours over four days, job sharing, part time working and home working. Alongside this, we offer fantastic career development and enhancements:
Main duties of the job
- This post attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of�10,000 to be paid in monthly instalments for the first year of employment.
- We can provide a generousrelocation package of up to �10,000 if you are interested in moving to our beautiful county
This is a friendly, supportive, and social team and includes two team leaders, CPNs, integrated social workers, psychologists, support time recovery workers, and employment specialist, a peer specialist, and a physical health worker. Poole West CMHT also has a GP trainee and an ST 4-6 doctor shared with Poole North CMHT
The size and specialisms of the team, means we can provide interventions including a DBT skills group, structured clinical management in personality disorders, emotional management skills groups (RELAY), depot clinic, clozapine clinic, physical health clinic, employment support, behavioural activation.
You will have 3 Consultant colleagues on site, who share emergency cover on a rota.You will be part of an active leadership team, comprising the service manager, team leaders, consultants, and psychology lead, which meets monthly to review performance and plan service development.You will also be a medical lead in a weekly MDT meeting, joined with Poole North CMHT.
The post holder will be expected to maintain Section 12 (2) and be an Approved Clinician.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do, and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities, and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- General medical Qualification e.g. MBBS, or equivalent and hold a Licence to Practise.
- MRCPsych or recognised equivalent, e.g. membership of a psychiatry college in another country.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualification
- Must be in possession or within 6 months of possession of a CCT in Psychiatry or on Specialist Register in Psychiatry.
- On Specialist Register in General Adult Psychiatry.
- Section 12(2) approval and Approved Clinician approval or ability to obtain approval before starting post
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Experience of medicine outside psychiatry e.g. general practice, medicine.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wider medical knowledge.
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Make decisions based on evidence and experience including contribution of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Dorset HealthCare ValuesEssential
- Teaching Experience
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within the NHS or comparable service.
- Proactive, respectful, supportive, reliable and trustworthy, and positive
- Understand the importance of working with managers in the interest of goo patient care
- Able to manage priorities
- Evidence of management/Leadership skills training
- Previous management experience including that of other junior medical staff
- Understand principles of leadership and give examples of leadership in own practice.
- Able to provide clinical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team.
- An understanding of the importance of Clinical Governance in the NHS organisations and importance in patient care.
- Awareness of current issues in mental health service provision, policy and legislation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To have an understanding of own strengths and weaknesses and how these attributes affect professional functioning
- To have an understanding of the stresses involved in being a consultant psychiatrist and how to manage these appropriately.
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.