Assisting with the delivery and ongoing development of clinical audit training/audit tools to the Clinical Staff.Main duties of the job
The Clinical Governance Coordinator will assist the Clinical Governance Manager (Standards, Audit & Effectiveness), Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Head of Clinical Governance and the Corporate Clinical Governance Team in the promotion of Effectiveness and Compliance delivery and monitoring of clinical audit activity across the Oxford University Hospitals NHSFT.
The post holder will regularly liaise with the clinical services, specialties, professional groups and individuals to develop and implement an effective and robust clinical audit programme in support of the Trust's Quality Strategy and to support continuous service improvement and the delivery of high standards of care and treatment for patients and service users.
The post holder will support the Incident System & Clinical Governance Coordinator to establish/manage and maintain the Trust Data Management System, including the analysis and production of reports to Senior Managers, Trust Wide Committees and external Organisations. Carries out work needed to ensure the organisation meets external requirements related to Clinical audit, NICE Guidance and the national confidential enquiry into patient outcome and death (NCEPOD) and central alerting system(CASAbout usOxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more here www.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises of four hospitals - theJohn Radcliffe Hospital
andNuffield Orthopaedic Centre
in Headington and theHorton General Hospital
in Banbury.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Maintain and update the Trust Clinical Audit intranet site regularly
- Monitor that the organisation and clinical services proactively seek to participate in relevant national and regional clinical audits.
Clinical Governance Coordinator Clinical Standards, Audit and Effectiveness
- Working with the Divisions and Corporate Teams to identify, schedule items and presenters for forthcoming agendas
- Liaise with organisers of national clinical audits as required
- Administrate the CIC meeting through setting the agenda contacting invited members distributing documentation arranging venues, taking minutes, follow up on actions and other associated tasks.
- Support the Clinical Governance Manager in preparing informative reports on clinical audit, NICE guidance, CAS and NCEPOD performance to the relevant meetings within the organisation.
- Monitor progress with the NICE guidance and distribute new NICE guidance when published to the relevant clinical services with support from the CG Manager
- Create records and appropriate compliance decision form and baseline assessment tools for NICE guidance
- Collate responses for audits and NICE guidance and update data management system accordingly
- Support the Incident System & Clinical Governance Coordinator in monitoring and review of the CAS updates regularly.
- Attend the Trust Clinical Improvement Committee meetings, MS Team meetings and training and development days/ sessions throughout the year
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Trusts Annual Audit report and the Annual Quality Account.
- Supporting the Clinical Governance team in the setup and administration of various events organised by the department such as Quality Conversation Event.
- Support the Incident System & Clinical Governance Coordinator to establish/manage and maintain the Trust Data Management System, including the analysis and production of reports.
- Maintain databases for Audits, NICE guidance, Central alerting system, NCEPOD and collate and analyse data using different Microsoft Office
- Assists with the day to day running of the Ulysses system including covering the Helpdesk.
- Participate in appraisals, personal reviews and work to achieve agreed set objectives.
- Participate in appropriate training and development activities.
- Cover the work of colleagues during periods of absence or peak workloads.
- Undertake any other duties as required in accordance with the grade and nature of the post
- Manage and prioritise work in line with agreed schedules
This job description is not definitive or restrictive in any way and should be regarded only as a guideline to the duties required and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder. The job description does not form part of the contract of employment. Person SpecificationShortlist offlineEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- 0 for rejected, 2 for interview
Oxford University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
John Radcliffe Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.