STH Community Services rated outstanding by the CQC are looking to recruit Band 6 Physiotherapists. Part time and full time positions available in the North and South of the city. You will join our supportive multi-disciplinary team as a specialist physiotherapist delivering assessment and rehabilitation to patients within their home.
You will work with a varied caseload including respiratory, musculoskeletal, orthopaedic and neurology conditions. You will have direct access to clinical specialists for support with complex patients. We also encourage staff to take a specialist lead in a specific area of choice to support the team.
We provide an excellent in-service training programme and support staff to continue with their post graduate training not only clinically train but also managerially. The service is involved in national research and innovative projects such as the use of digital technology.
The service plays a key role in the advancement of integration, working closely with health, social care and voluntary sector colleagues to provide integrated care and promote independence.
We have 2 separate locations -
Main duties of the job
- Lightwood House: 1 Lightwood Lane, Sheffield S8 8BG
- Firth Park Clinic: 40 North Quadrant, Sheffield S5 6NU
To assess, diagnose, plan and develop specialised physiotherapy treatment programmes for patients/clients with a wide variety of physical/mental health needs in a community setting.
To manage a caseload of community based patients with complex needs using specialist skills and evidence based/patient centred principles
To supervise/train inexperienced physiotherapists/ assistants/ students working within the service. This service is a 7 day service, which includes Bank Holiday cover but this is done on a rota basis.About us
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Significant post graduate experience of physiotherapy in adult rehabilitation at senior level in NHS
- Experience of supervising / managing / developing junior / assistants through PDR and teaching in NHS
- Experience of audit in the NHS
- Experience of involvement in service development
- Involvement in research
- Experience of working in a Community Setting
- Experience at Specialist Band 6 level in NHS
- Diploma/Degree in physiotherapy from a CSP recognised training establishment
- Relevant validated clinical courses to post graduate level or equivalent knowledge / experience
- Current HCPC registration
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous Professional Development via personal development plans/file
- First line management / Leadership course at post graduate level
- Training from Higher Education Institution for graduate student supervision
- Knowledge of Physiotherapy in a relevant clinical speciality and ability to apply in NHS Community Setting
- Detailed knowledge of standards and guidelines relating to physiotherapy practice with this client group
- Detailed knowledge of the principles of Clinical Governance and its application
- A working knowledge of the needs of patients with mental health issues
- Organisational skills to manage yourself and other supervised staff to contribute to service delivery
- Computer Literate with excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to pass on skills/ knowledge to others within both formal and informal environments
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Due to the requirement to undertake visits and transport non-portable equipment, the post holder is required to be either a car driver with a valid driving licence, or have access to an alternative means of transport.
- Willingness to work flexibly including working outside of traditional normal working hours in accordance with service need.
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Firth Park Clinic
40 North Quadrant
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.