The main aim of mental health rehabilitation is to promote service users' recovery, functioning and autonomy to enable them to live successfully in the community with maximum independence and quality of life.
Our objectives are to:
- Use a Recovery orientated approach in all their work with service users and carers.
- To respect service users as experts by experience
- To treat service users with dignity and respect at all times
- To engage service users collaboratively in their care planning
- To agree individual, tailored care plans with service users and their carers
- To provide support to carers so that they can continue to support their relative
- To provide clinical expertise to staff working with service users in high support facilities to ensure that care plans enable service users to gain/regain the necessary skills and confidence to be able to live as independently as possible and to work towards their personal recovery goals.
- Manage the interface with primary care and other secondary physical health and mental health services effectively to ensure good communication and efficiency.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other statutory and non-statutory agencies and staff involved in the service users' care.
Main duties of the job
- Facilitate move through from specialist mental health high support accommodation in Islington to ensure vacancies are available to new referrals into this care pathway.
- Undertake care act assessments
- Assess service users accommodation needs taking into account their rehabilitation journey and mental health needs
- Assess risk (identify, assess, plan, implement review)
- Support service users to address physical health needs
- Work with partner agencies to meet service users needs
- Plan for mental health act assessments
- Undertake safeguarding enquiries and act as a SAM
- Undertake MHAs if qualified as an AMHP
- Administer depot injections
- Attend reviews and use dialogue plus to evaluate outcomes
- Act as duty worker and chair morning meetings
- May on occasions be asked to deputise on behalf of team manager
- Be accountable for all aspects of service users under your care
- Update EPR records including RIO and LAS(risk assessments, dialogue plus, care plans and contact.
- You will be an agile worker able to prioritise and reprioritise to manage demand and flow
- To be pro active and take initiative to improve service delivery, using quality improvement methodology
- Use evidence based practice to deliver care (e.g. NICE guidelines, Royal college of psychiatry)
- A good understanding of trauma informed care and its implementation in care and support
- Keep up to date with local and national changes in care delivery and understand how they will impact in care delivery
- Offer training and supervision to junior colleagues
- Self organise and be proactive in day to day delivery activities
We recognise that we need a strong and resilient workforce, with staff who are happy in their jobs and able to cope with the physical and mental demands of their roles.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- You will be provided with monthly supervision and can request supervision ad hoc
- We work in a team approach where roles are cross functional to reduce burnout
- We offer the opportunity to work flexible
- We encourage our staff to develop and progress in their career by offering focused coaching and training opportunities
- Our team is open and transparent, staff are encouraged to be open with senior colleagues
- We are flexible around annual leave subject to needs of the service
Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
- Undertake care act assessments
- Undertake mental capacity assessments
- Chair morning meetings and manage duty desk
- Making referrals to court of protection and prepare for the court
- Prepare for and obtain s135 (1) and s135(2) warrants
- Co-produce care plans using dialogue plus
- Review s117 needs
- Attend funding panel and prepare paper work for such panel
- deputise on behalf of team manager
- Supervise junior colleagues
- Attend reviews and prepare paperwork
- Assess and address risk
- Offer assessments for carers
- Administer depot injection and support service users in ways within their rehabilitation framework
- Act as a role lead in extended tasks
- Update local authority system LAS
- Manage on training needs including core training
- Attend ward rounds and discharge meetings with partner agencies
- There maybe some tasks outside this description that you maybe asked to do within reason
- Experience of working with complex service user group
- Knowledge of supported accommodation provision for mental health service user
EducationEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to co produce care plans with service users
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation TrustAddress
11 Southwood smith Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.