Are you looking for an opportunity to support the delivery of excellent patient care?
Are you keen to be at the forefront of service development and innovative practice?
Are you keen to seek solutions?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled and experienced Modern Matron to join the Durham, Tees Valley & Forensics Care Group in the role of Modern Matron in our Secure Inpatient ServicesMain duties of the job
This role forms part of the collaborative leadership team and is integral to the move towards the clinically led and operationally enabled philosophy that the trust is working towards.
The successful applicant will support high quality and safe service delivery staff across all of the clinical disciplines. You will also take a central role in recruitment and retention of staff as well as ongoing staff development and talent management. The role is varied and diverse with the opportunity to shape and develop services. As this is a new role, it is still developing and the successful applicant will have opportunity to continue to shape and influence it.
The successful applicant will require sound clinical and operational knowledge of Forensic services along with a willingness to be present and available to staff across the prison teams. The role provides an opportunity to role model professionalism, compassion and high standards of care, therefore it is essential that the successful applicant is visible across the service.About us
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
You will work closely within a multi-professional team, providing clinical leadership to Mental Health and Learning Disability ward environments within the Secure Inpatient Services. We are looking for an individual who has experience of working in a senior leadership role within a mental health setting. You will be motivated and passionate about working in the role of a Modern Matron, providing excellent patient centered care. You will be a professional role model, demonstrating flexibility, visibility, and excellent communication skills to patients, and staff playing a key role in influencing and supporting wider strategic drivers within Secure Care.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Extensive experience working with people with complex mental ill health or learning disabilities in an inpatient or community environment
- Extensive experience in a clinical nurse leadership role
- Extensive experience providing clinical supervision, mentoring and teaching to healthcare professionals
- Significant experience delivering change and service improvement across more than one setting
- Good understanding of recovery principles and application in practice
- Good understanding of the relevant legislation and guidance (e.g. MHA, MCA, CPA, safe staffing)
- Working knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- Detailed understanding of clinical risk assessment and management/harm minimisation
- Provide effective leadership
- Influence, initiate and manage effectively
- Use initiative to make critical judgements and decisions independently
- Influence and work collaboratively with senior managers and external partners
Employer detailsEmployer name
- RNMH / RNLD, current professional registration with NMC.
- BSc/BA degree in Health related field (if not already a degree level nurse).
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree/diploma supplemented by specialist training or equivalent experience to master's level equivalent.
- Recognised clinical teaching qualification or equivalent clinical mentoring and teaching experience.
- Leadership qualification or willingness to work towards. Qualification must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Quality Improvement Systems for Leaders or willing to undertake within agreed timescale.
- Evidence of continuous personal development.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent).
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Rosebery Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.