Band 7 - Specialist CAMHS Practitioner in Eating Disorder
We are excited to be recruiting into our Band 7 post for a Mental health nurse for our Eating disorder service based in Tower Hamlets. We are looking for someone to join us who has passion and experience of working with Young people with Eating Disorder and able to contribute positively to the growing team.Main duties of the job
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual, with a strong professional identity to work as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team. You will work with children and adolescents who have highly complex and persistent mental health difficulties, using evidence based practice to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
The postholder will provide a range of highly skilled therapeutic trauma-informed interventions, which will be delivered on an individual, group or family basis. the post holder will also provide consultations to other CAMHS services in relation to Eating Disorders patients.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed detailed job description and person specification please see attched JD & PS.
For contact details please see below.Person SpecificationEducation/ Qualification/ TrainingEssential
- Nursing oRegistered Mental Health/Learning Disabilities Nurse oRelevant post-graduate qualification in Child and Adolescent Mental Health. Substance mis-use or equivalent (e.g. ENB 603)
- Social Work oRecognized Social Work qualification such as Diploma in Social Work with an MA in Social Studies, or Degree level Social Work qualification or CQSW.
- Previous 12 months experience of working in CAMHS
- Experience of working with a wide range of CAMHS problems
- Experience of care planning
- Experience of working in a culturally diverse Inner city area
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary way
- Experience in crisis work
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experience in working with children and young people looked after and the care system in their mode of therapy.
- Evidence of well-developed clinical skills and knowledge in CAMHS
- Skilled in emergency and crisis assessments
- Specialist clinical skills within in specific therapeutic modalities
- Able to manage own time and caseload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness of current national guidelines and policies in the field of CAMHS
- Specific knowledge of pertinent issues for CAMHS
- In depth knowledge of CAMHS issues including assessment and interventions
- Knowledge of The Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007) and associated legislation
- Knowledge of the Children's Act and other appropriate legislation
- A working knowledge of Child Protection Guidelines
- Teaching skills, both in clinical setting and education centres
- Basic computer skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of development in inter agency partnership
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Emanuel Miller Center
11 Gill Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.