The post holder is responsible for the day to day running of the children's services and be a pivotal part in orchestrating a large multi-disciplinary team to provide excellent patient care. Current priorities include continuing the restoration and recovery plans for service's, promoting & encouraging staff wellbeing, and innovation and service development. You will work closely with the senior management team within the CMG, general managers, service managers within and outside the CMG, to ensure we have streamlined pathways and are delivering excellent quality and equitable care across the services.
This is a rewarding and exciting opportunity for an operational manager with excellent communication skills and a passion for providing specialist services.Main duties of the job
Main duties include:
Providing leadership to the broad team of professionals within the children's hospital and the CMG.
Deliver strategic plans for service delivery and development.
Management of staff performance, budget and KPIs.
Ensure governance and risk management processes are adhered to.
Work with the team to ensure a high standard of patient care.
Be mindful to strategy, ensuring future proofing of servicesAbout us
We are one of the biggest and busiest NHS trusts in the country, incorporating the General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals. We have our very own Children's Hospital and run one of the country's leading heart centres.
Our team is made up of more than 17,000 staff providing a range of services primarily for the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We work with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Our purpose is to provide 'Caring at its best' and our staff have helped us create a set of values that embody who we are and what we're here to do. They are:
o We focus on what matters most
o We treat others how we would like to be treated
o We are passionate and creative in our work
o We do what we say we are going to do
o We are one team and we are best when we work together
Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we believe that 'Caring at its best' is not just about the treatments and services we provide, but about giving our patients the best possible experience.
About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust: (leicestershospitals.nhs.uk)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for providing operational and strategic planning to ensure the children's services provides high quality patient care and achieves performance objectives. To promote staff wellbeing and recruitment and retention of staff including medical and non-medical.
You will be responsible providing leadership for Children's operational leadership, working within a highly performing team to provide excellent services for its service users and guardians.Person SpecificationCommitment to Trust Values and BehavioursEssential
Training & QualificationsEssential
- Must be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Trust's Values and Behaviours
- First degree or equivalent
- Extensive up to date knowledge of the NHS
- Evidence of CPD
- Evidence of other specialist knowledge at higher degree or masters level
- Experience within the Healthcare sector at senior manager level including operational responsibility for complex specialities/service
- Proven track record of achieving challenging healthcare targets
- Experience of delivering programmes of change within an NHS setting
- Experience of managing and hearing performance issues
- Well-developed IT skills to manage and report on complex performance management information
Communication and relationship skillsEssential
- Experience of working in an Acute Teaching hospital
Analytical and Judgement skillsEssential
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral
- Evidence of being a team-player but able to stand back when necessary
- Ability to motivate staff to deliver challenging targets
- Ability to present complex data
- Proven influencing skill
- Ability to manage conflict
Planning and organisation skillsEssential
- Logical thinker with evidence of implementation of ideas and solutions
- Excellent problem solving skills using team when appropriate
- Able to analyse and understand complex financial and clinical data
- Business focused
- Sensitive to clinical and political demands
- Ability to cut through barriers to change
- Demonstrable organisational skills
- Proven record of robust performance management
Equality and DiversityEssential
- Able to demonstrate attendance levels in accordance with UHL's policy.
Other requirements specific to the roleEssential
- Able to demonstrate a commitment and understanding of the importance of treating all individuals with dignity and respect appropriate to their individual needs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to participate in on-call rota
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.