Band 7 Physiotherapist, Newham, London
We are seeking an individual who is an excellent team worker that can lead a department and work alongside the existing extended scope team. This person must be self-motivated and able to keep an up-to-date knowledge base in a supportive environment. An ability to work under pressure and to be able to respond and adapt to changes is a must in the current NHS environment.
This post may involve working in lone clinics. You will possess a Degree or equivalent graduate diploma in physiotherapy along with current Health Care Professions Council Registration and relevant IT skills (EMIS).
The post gives the opportunity to work within the pain service and work within the triage service and MSK Physiotherapy service, contributing to its development, as well as developing an understanding of the wider health care community.
The post holder will be supporting the Band 6 Physiotherapists within the team involving supervision, appraisal and in-service training. There will be a rich source of learning opportunities.
Stratford is a dynamic, diverse multicultural area with excellent links to the City of London an exciting part of the Olympic legacy. This post requires that you have the ability to travel between locations to carry out your work and to attend training and meetings daily access to transport is therefore essential.Main duties of the job
Community Health Newham (part of East London NHS Foundation Trust) is recruiting for a Band 7 Physiotherapist to join our enthusiastic, friendly, and supportive team in Stratford, East London. This position will be based in the musculoskeletal physiotherapy service however the successful post holder may be required on other sites within the Trust as required. The specialist team provides assessment and treatment for patients with a variety of musculoskeletal presentations and conditions.
You will be fully supported by the Clinical Lead, Extended Scope Practitioners and by East London NHS Foundation Trust as a whole, which are committed to support staff in their delivery of a quality integrated service.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This post is a static position at 29 Romford Road, Stratford E15 4LY, it may involve working from satellite and in virtual clinics. It will require flexibility to work evening clinics 4:30pm 7pm (max 2 monthly) and at weekends 9am 1pm (max 2 monthly) as required
.The post holder will be required to manage Gym based therapy groups and Aqua Therapy groups safely and independently as required.
Please see Full JD & PS for further details.Person SpecificationKNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Physiotherapy Degree or equivalent
- Registration with Health Professions Council
- Knowledge of theory and practice of physiotherapy in relation to this client group
- Documented evidence of relevant on-going professional development
- Knowledge of roles of other members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of safe moving and handling techniques
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES (demonstrable abilities)Essential
- A minimum of 18 months post qualifying experience to have included core areas of physiotherapy
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of participation in clinical governance activities
- Ability to undertake all aspects of the physiotherapy process, including assess, manage and treat clients with complex multi pathologies at a specialist level
- Ability to work, communicate and negotiate with a wide range of professionals as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to establish a therapeutic relationship with clients and their families/carers
- Ability to apply specialist knowledge and skills in advising others on the care and treatment of clients in relation to specific specialism
- Excellent interpersonal skills including observation, listening, empathy and negotiation skills
- Ability to apply safe moving and handling techniques to clients with highly complex disabilities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability and willingness to work in on a number of different sites and within the community
- Good organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Calm manner and ability to deal with challenging situations and work under pressure
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
CM Physio MSK Community
29 Romford Road, Stratford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.