An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic growing Resuscitation Team as a Resuscitation Officer, based in Central London. This is a part time (0.6WTE), permanent position, there may be an opportunity to make it full time in the future.
The Resuscitation Team provide responsive education, training and advice on resuscitation and recognition and management of the deteriorating patient to both clinicians and non-clinicians at all levels throughout the Trust. We are looking for a motivated person who can work flexibly either alone or as part of a team.Main duties of the job
The role will include teaching 3 levels of resuscitation training Immediate life Support, and both levels of Basic Life Support at our training venues in London, Surrey and Milton Keynes. The role will also include undertaking audits and delivering simulations within wards and services across the Trust.About us
The post holder must be a registered health care professional registered with the NMC, HCPC or similar. Experience of responding to deteriorating patients will be required preferably with experience of providing resuscitation. The role will include management of a band 5 trainer within the team. The post holder will work with a wide range of professionals and respond to a various challenges that arise. You will need to have some experience of teaching. The successful applicant will be based in Central London but must be willing travel across London and Milton Keynes where the services and training are delivered.
If you would like to discuss this role prior to applying please contact by email Mark Singleton2@nhs.net or call 07899767166.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Delivering resuscitation training and simulations.
Providing advice and guidance on resuscitation equipment.
For full details of requirements see the Job description and person specsPerson SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- oRegistered Health Care Professional such as a Qualified Nurse, Qualified Paramedic or appropriately trained and qualified professional and current registration with the NMC or HCPC as appropriate
- oEvidence of Continuing Professional Development
- oALS Provider / ILS Instructor
- oRecognised teaching qualification such as PTLLS City & Guilds 7303, or PGCE or equivalent R
- oSubstantial basic experience in an acute healthcare environment as a registered healthcare professional
- oEvidence of providing clinical training including preparing teaching packages and presenting to large groups of people
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- oExperience teaching BLS / First aid
- oExperience of managing staff members
- oExperience of mental health issues for service users
- oKnowledge of relevant legislation and national standards, RCUK, NICE, etc
- oIT literate including database use, Microsoft Office suite
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExperience of human factors
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
350 Euston Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.