We are recruiting to the above 0.6 WTE post in Intensive team and seeking application from a Specialty doctor in Psychiatry- in Adults of Working Age, to commence as soon as possible.
The beautiful World Heritage city of Bath is situated within easy distance of the M4 motorway and is home to two large universities and a thriving tourist industry. The locality encompasses the urban area of Bath and its rural surroundings, with a wide degree of socioeconomic diversity.
Services have close links with the University of Bristol Medical School, with appropriate opportunities for undergraduate teaching experience and attracts psychiatric trainees within the Severn Deanery School of Psychiatry.
For further enquiries please contact Dr Alister Gomes-Pinto (Medical Lead & Consultant Psychiatrist) on 01225 371411 or Dr Chris Lucchese (Consultant Psychiatrist BaNES Intensive Service) on 01225 362814.Main duties of the job
The Intensive Service is an important part of the Access Services within BaNES which is a 24-hour service alongside PCLS and the Hospital liaison service based within the general hospital. The team covers patients from the Bath and North East Somerset catchment area, which includes the city of Bath and the villages and towns within BaNES. The Team access is ageless and includes Adult and Functional Older Adult service users. The team has a very experienced (6 PAs) Consultant Psychiatrist who provides excellent support to the team and trainees. Referrals for assessment of under 18 years is within the local CAMHS service.
The BaNES locality of AWP is well served by a full range of mental health services including Early Intervention services in Psychosis, Hospital liaison, Psychological therapies, Primary care Liaison service, Recovery team, Complex intervention teams and Older Adult and acute inpatient teams. The successful applicant will be encouraged to part of the local SAS doctors peer group as part of personal development and CPD activity reviews.About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Basic Medical Qualification (MBBS or equivalent)
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Section 12 Approval
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice, or eligible for full registration with the GMC at the time of confirmaiton of appointment
- Completed at least four years' full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which will be in a specialty training programme in Psychiatry or as a fixed term specialty trainee in Psychiatry or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
- Ability to manage own time and workload and prioritise clinical work
- Ability to appraise own performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Research and AuditEssential
- Evidence of specific achievements that demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to critically appraise published research.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
- Experience in involvement in a research project and publication.
- Interest in research
- Up to date knowledge of issues in Mental Health Service for this specialty.
- Commitment to teaching other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Teaching of undergraduate students
- PGCME or equivalent/aspiration to attain a postgraduate teaching qualification
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.