Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Trust is an Outstanding Provider of mental health services. Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Service (CRHTT) meet the needs of individual's living in Hertfordshire who are experiencing a mental health crisis. We are passionate about implementing Trauma Informed Care in our multidisciplinary approach to support people. The Psychologists help to provide formulation and implementing short term therapy to our service users to support their recovery. The role can be based at either in Stevenage or Watford
Full time, part-time or job-share available.
We don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply nowMain duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of implementing Trauma Informed Approach to our service, as well to develop the psychological assessment, formulation and therapy elements of the service users and enhance the psychological awareness of the team as a whole. Opportunities for clinical supervision and line management are also available within this post.
You will be an experienced Counselling Psychologist in mental health. . The role will suit someone who enjoys working flexibly and in collaboration as part of a multidisciplinary team.About us
We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. Everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout: Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide specialist psychological assessments of clients referred to the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment team based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integrationof complex psychological data from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and others involved in the clients care. The service to be provided in community as well as mental health settings. To formulate and implement plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of a clients mental health problems, based upon an appropriate conceptualframework of the clients problems, and employing methods of proven efficacy including CBT, across the full range of care settings. To be responsible for implementing a range of evidence-based psychological interventions for individuals, carers, families and groups, within and across teams employed individuallyand in synthesis, adjusting and refining psychological formulations drawing upon different explanatory models and maintaining a number of provisional hypotheses. For more detailed Job and person specification please read attached documents Person SpecificationKnowledge, TrainingEssential
Areas of Experience, KnowledgeEssential
- Experience working as a qualified practitioner with clients with moderate to severe mental illness within a mental health setting.
- Current full registration with HCPC as Practitioner Psychologist
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life span's presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity whilst maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Knowledge of whole life span development and the impact on emotional, psychological and mental well-being.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of at least one evidence based psychological interventions such as CBT, Systemic Therapy or Family Interventions.
- Ability to provide consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
- Ability to teach and train others, using a variety of complex multi-media materials suitable for presentations within public, professional and academic settings.
- Experience of teaching, training and/or offering supervision
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and inpatient settings.
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment within the context of multi-disciplinary care.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working and inter-agency collaboration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate therapeutically with clients and their families consistent with their level of understanding, culture, background and preferred ways of communicating.
- Positive problem-solving approach.
- Ability to critically evaluate and review developments made by others to determine if and how they could be applied within own area of work.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Access to own transportation
- IT Skills including the use of Microsoft Office and Outlook, entering data onto electronic patient records.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stevenage or Watford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.