Main duties of the job
- The post holder will be a registered midwife with the ability to practice autonomously when providing care to women/birthing people during the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum period, he or she will be the prime care provider to mothers / birthing people and their families.
- The individual will work as a member of a team providing maternity care to women/birthing people within the hospital and community.
- As a registered midwife she/he will work within the framework of the NMC Code and the London Northwest University Healthcare Trust Guidelines, protocols and policies.
- The post holder will deputise in the absence of their senior midwife.
- In the community setting he/she will take responsibility for a workload and participate with the on call service within the community.
- To provide continuity of carer mothers / birthing people with complex social and/or psychological needs in order to improve outcomes for families and babies.
- Encourage a holistic, non-stigmatizing approach to support women / birthing people with complex social and /or psychological needs
- Attend the weekly psycho social meetings
- Ensure adherence to local safeguarding polices / guidelines and contribute to pre-birth assessments and case conferences ensuring effective sharing of information
Provide safe and effective care to pregnant women/pregnant people during the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum period
Work in partnership with women/birthing people and their families
Work collaboratively as a member of the Multidisciplinary teamAbout us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
Desirable Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Registered Midwife
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Degree or evidence of level 3 study or diploma
- Actively maintain NMC Reg
- 12 months rotational Midwifery experience
- Experience in teaching and mentoring
- Knowledge of safeguarding
Skills, Abilities & AttributesEssential
- Experience in deputising in clinical environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Teaching skills
- High standards of clinical performance
- Ability in people management
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Adaptable, flexible & non-judgmental
- Team player
- Able to work well in stressful situations, identifying and managing own emotional intelligence
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Northwick Park, Central Middlesex & Ealing hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.