We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Dietitian or qualifying student dietitian to join the acute team within the experienced dietetic team at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.
The Trust and our Department are committed to the provision of outstanding patient care by outstanding people. We are a friendly and supportive department which encourages innovation and is committed to professional development of staff.
Relocation expenses may be payable to the successful candidate providing eligibility criteria is met. This will be discussed with short-listed candidates during their interview
Please visit the video link below to provide you with an insightas to why you should come and join our fantastic therapy department at MTW!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhVNSbkYkX8Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for a varied and challenging caseload including general medicine, orthopaedics and care of the elderly. In addition, you will run regular outpatient clinics, contribute to the induction programmes for other health care professionals and participate in clinical audit.
You will have the support of senior dietitians and have the opportunity to develop and enhance your dietetic skills in a variety of specialties including respiratory, stroke, gastroenterology and surgery. We have an established student training programme for A, B and C placements in which you will be involved and there will be opportunities to contribute to audits and service development.About us
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 500,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ over 6,500 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc.(Hons) or Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics or equivalent qualification or qualifying student
- Current state registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) - or qualifying student
- Member of the British Dietetic Association
- Experience of working with a variety of inpatients in the acute inpatient setting
- Experience of conducting outpatient clinics
- Experience working with groups of patients
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of teaching and training others
- Up-to-date clinical knowledge of the nutritional management of a variety of clinical conditions based on current best practice
- Good knowledge of national policies and procedures relating to nutrition and dietetics
- Good knowledge of the principles of clinical governance
- Clinical experience post graduation
- Experience of contributing to service development initiatives and participating in clinical audit
- Knowledge of the principles of clinical audit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and reflection skills
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good IT skills (Microsoft word, PowerPoint, data collection tools)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Counselling skills or training in behaviour change techniques
- Use of dietary analysis packages
- Competent to use specialist equipment for anthropometric assessment
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.