An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Colchester Specialist Community Mental Health Team. We are seeking applications from Band 5 or Band 6 mental health nurses. Successful applicants will be compassionate and passionate about working with service-users with a range if needs including psychosis and personality disorder. Applicants will benefit from working within a large MDT and draw upon the experience and expertise of our psychologists, employment specialists, and support workers. This post offers an opportunity for applicants looking to develop in their career and we are happy to consider those with only inpatient experience. We are also excited to support successful applicants to access dedicated training in various areas including therapy (CBT, Behavioural Family Therapy, etc.) where appropriate in the longer term.Main duties of the job
Colchester Specialist Community Mental Health Team provides a service for adults experiencing functional mental illness. The successful candidate will hold a caseload of service users to care coordinate, and will have a number of responsibilities that include supporting our duty function. Where the successful candidate is interested, we also welcome involvement in psychoeducational group program.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bankJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Coordinating the care and assessment under the Care Programme Approach (CPA) of a designated caseload
- Creating and continually updating person-centred care plans and building therapeutic relationships with your clients.
- Continually assess risk and design personalised risk management plans
- Facilitate referral to crisis teams or admission to hospital where necessary, plus providing presence and involvement in inpatient care plan and discharge planning.
- Administer long-acting anti-psychotic depot injections in a community setting (only if RMN)
- Monitoring of medication adherence and any potential side-effects. Organising medical reviews when indicated.
- Identify any possible safeguarding concerns and be responsible for the completion of safeguarding investigations.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 are observed, adhered to and implemented
- Support the promotion of carer and service user involvement within the service and for its provision plus ensuring carers needs are identified and responded to.
- Responsible for participating in the development of the service, setting of quality standards, including the auditing, monitoring and reviewing in line with current clinical guidance practice and policy.
- Responsible for deputising and providing appropriate support and caseload coverage for colleagues/team members.
- Responsible for supporting the duty function within the team
- Responsible carrying out Care Act related assessment and documentation including s117 panel applications
- Current professional registration with appropriate body in healthcare or social work
- Evidence of appropriate CPD post qualification e.g. BSc Community Nursing or AMHP status or clinical skill based qualification.
- Experience working with service-users in mental health settings
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience working with service-users in Community mental health settings Experience working as a care coordinator
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.