An exciting opportunity has arisen to become a Community Staff Nurse with the Amersham Adult Community Healthcare TeamThe role is providing nursing interventions to patients in their home environment. If you are interested in joining our friendly team, we would love to hear from you.
In this role you will become a competent Community Nurse. Our skills include IV's, catheter care, palliative care and end of life support, leg ulcer management, wound care, medication management, complex care management, prevention of admission work and MDT working.
Our days are varied, with teamwork and compassion being at the heart of everything we do. Amersham ACHT aim to provide the highest standard of care for our patients. We will support you through your induction and gaining your skill competencies. If you have any questions, please call us for a chat or come and visit us.
Ideally you should have a wide range of clinical expertise within the NHS as well as experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment. The post holder must be able to demonstrate their professional skills and competence in medicines management, care and treatment delivery. You must be innovative in your approach and willing to work with other members of the community team and ward staff to ensure a high-quality service delivery. You must be willing to develop your own knowledge and skills.You will need to have a full driving licence and access to a car.
The ACHT's provide a 24/7 service.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- Assess the physical and psycho-social needs of patients and deliver therapeutic interventions based on best available evidence in order to improve health outcomes.
- To manage own case load, delivering and evaluating service delivery to patients with a variety of medical conditions and those delegated by case managers.
- To plan interventions with the Case Manager and other team members using the common assessment process.
- To take part in the referral management process to ensure patients are treated by the most appropriate member of the team/service.
- To contribute to the development of protocols and procedures developed for clinical pathways
- Assist in the development of case management protocols and guidelines within their own area of professional practiceParticipate in weekend rotas / 7 day working rotas
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Evidence of recent CPD
- Previous community experience
Skills, Abilities & KnowledgeEssential
- Car driver / owner able to travel to other locations within the trust
- Demonstrate profession specific clinical assessment planning delivery and evaluation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Report writing skills
- IT skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Self awareness, Self motivated, Enthusiastic
- Role model for health
- Has a full drivers licence and access to ta car for work purposes
- Knowledge of modernisation agenda within the NHS and social care
- Presentation skills
- Post graduate module(s) in long term conditions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of working with common assessment process
- Experience of electronic clinical systems
- Experience participating in a research or audit project
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.