As a Trust we have developed our own highly skilled and adaptable team of Practice Educators for the Nursing workforce. We support Student Nurses, Care Support Workers, International Nurses and Registered Nurses and Nursing Associates in both the classroom and in our clinical areas.
Due to the expansion of our team, we are looking to recruit another Practice Educator to support the registered nurses and nursing associates.
Are you an enthusiastic, well-motivated and experienced Registered Nurse who has excellent practice based teaching skills and who is also able to deliver classroom based teaching? Then this role could be for you.
The role will be responsible for ensuring clinical support, training and assessment is in place for the Trust's RN's and RNA's. This will involve supporting the development, delivery and evaluation of a new Preceptorship programme to support the learning needs of our newly registered nursing workforce working across our clinical services. Alongside working within the clinical settings of our adult in patient wards to support in practice too.
You must be passionate about teaching and committed to the development of others to ensure our support staff are safe and competent to provide high quality patient care.
Please note that although advertised as fixed term, secondments would be considered.Main duties of the job
The main duties are:
Primarily be responsible for ensuring clinical support, training and assessment is in place for Trust registered nurses and nursing associates.
Assist in the development and deliver and evaluate the Trusts Preceptorship programme in line with the National Framework.
Ensure all training and assessment supports development of skills, knowledge and attitudes required to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care.
Be up to date with developments in work and classroom based teaching and assessment - taking part in relevant training and updates
Be seen as an expert practitioner who takes responsibility for their own CPD and ensures competence of own skills and knowledge.
Assist in the recruitment of new nurses to the Organisation.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
Education & Development
- Contribute to the development, implementation and delivery of competency based work and classroom based based clinical education and assessment processes
- To work alongside staff in practice setting to provide direct work based teaching within current scope of practice.
- Work with clinical teams to ensure staff are exposed to a wide range of learning opportunities
- To further develop own competence and ability to teach a wider range of clinical skills
- Contribute to assessment of practice, ensuring staff meet programme requirements
- Liaising with multidisciplinary colleagues where relevant.
For more details please see that attached Job Description and Person Specification. If you have any questions, please contact Verity Chessum on firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC registration
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- specialist nursing course
- Wide range of clinical experience
- evidence of clinical based and classroom based teaching
- 3 years post registration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of audit and research
- Undertaking learning need analysis
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lancaster Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.