Are you interested in gaining experience in hospital pharmacy?
Would you like to work for a trust that is revolutionising the way we deliver pharmacy services in North London?
A great opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or community pharmacist to join our Team. It is an exciting time to be a part of Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Trust as you will have the opportunity to be involved in a number of projects that are changing the way we deliver mental health & community services. Current projects include:
- ePMA integration and automation
- Reducing length of in-patient stay service improvement work
- Mental Health Inpatient Programme - Medicines Optimisation Workstream
- Community Transformation Programme
This is your chance to gain a wealth of experience and progress your pharmacy career.Main duties of the job
- Play a full and active role in the provision of a high-quality pharmaceutical/clinical service to wards, community teams, units & departments.
- Facilitate the efficient, optimal, rational and cost-effective use of medicinal products by clinicians and service users.
- Provide and participate in the following: ward-based clinical pharmacy, in-patient and outpatient dispensing (including supporting the clozapine dispensing service), patient counselling, training of other healthcare professionals in medicines optimisation and management.
- Support the monitoring of clinical governance processes through undertaking ward/team- based audits.
BEHMHT is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health (MH) and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million. In Enfield, we provide a full range of child and adult mental health services, which over the last few years has been partnering with various organisations to provide better and more holistic care.
BEH manages the renowned North London Forensic Services (NLFS) which is the lead provider of forensic mental health services that managed the devolved New Models of care budget, it delivers MH care across some of the prisons, and provides MH services as HM Young Offenders Institutions in Aylesbury. We also provide one of the largest eating disorder services in England, as well as drug and alcohol services.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease kindly refer to the job description and person specification by clicking on the JD/PS attachment in the advert.Person SpecificationEDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONSEssential
- GPhC registration as a pharmacist.
- Good standard of basic education to include A levels or equivalent.
- Master's degree (MSc or MPharm) in Pharmacy or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Commitment to CPD evidenced through participation in suitable programmes.
- 1 year's completed pre-registration training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIESEssential
- Knowledge of hospital ward-based pharmacy service provision.
- Experience of working with services users with mental health issues and / or Mental Health experience.
- Good clinical skills /knowledge.
- Good time management (including ability to plan and organise workload)
- Good IMT skills.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Light lifting and carrying.
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Chase Farm Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.