CHAW District Nursing Team (Chelford, Handforth, Alderley Edge and Wilmslow) in East Cheshire NHS Trust are looking for experienced Community Caseload Managers who have the enthusiasm and positive approach to join a multidisciplinary team with a vision to deliver the right care, at the right time to help improve the lives of our local residents.
Our team is based at Handforth Health Centre and Alderley Edge Medical Centre.
The candidate must have excellent communication skills and hold a Specialist Nursing Practice (District Nursing) degree or portfolio to demonstrate equivalent experience and skills.
The candidate must have completed their V100 or V150 and be willing to undertake V300 prescribing.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our innovative team to drive forward the expansion and modernisation of community nursing services with commitment to deliver the NHS Long Term Plan.
Travel is an essential part of this role. Please demonstrate on your application form how you can meet this requirement. Hours per week: 37.5Main duties of the job
To provide holistic, high quality, safe and skilled health and social care / support to patients, carers and their families.
To work closely with members of the integrated care team to provide rapid and planned expert professional assessment and treatment interventions for patients in their own homes or other community settings, putting patients at the centre of their care and enabling patients to maximise their independence, health and wellbeing and remain in their own homes for as long as possible.
To be responsible in managing individual and team with a caseload of patients and carry continuing responsibility for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of care programmes.
To provide leadership and support across the care community team demonstrating emotional intelligence to recognise pressures of self and team.About us
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters as part of ongoing monitoring.
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting Documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Specialist Nursing Practice (District Nursing) Degree or equivalent experience (and be willing to undertake/complete training within 2 years of commencing in post )
- Community Nurse Prescribing (V150)
- Mentor/Preceptor/998 or equivalent
- Management/leadership Qualification
- Working towards MSc in relevant subject.
- Post registration qualifications e.g. palliative care, care of the elderly, wound care, continence or other relevant qualification.
- Clinical examination Skills
- Demonstrable experience at band 5 with either community experience or transferable skills
- Evidence of clinical knowledge relevant to the post, with knowledge of care planning
- Experience of teaching others
- Advocate of multidisciplinary team working
- Clear understanding of health and social care services
- Good understanding of current nursing workforce issues
- Professional Knowledge awareness (NMC) standards
- Can demonstrate experience of assessment, care planning and care delivery
- Further relevant training e.g. palliative care, wound care, elderly care, diabetes
- Broad range of clinical skills including skills for assessing and interpreting acute and chronic patient conditions
- Enhanced critical thinking
- Good organisation skills with skill/experience of managing the team/ resources on a day-to-day basis in an unpredictable environment.
- Ability to lead junior colleagues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Band 6 level experience in relevant setting
- Management of a team
- Awareness of standardised assessments and outcome measures.
- Awareness of relevant NSF's and NICE guidance Clinical supervision
- Undertake Continuing Health Care (CHC) assessments.(SKILL
- Competencies in a range of relevant skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to forward plan to meet service needs.
- Ability to deal with urgent/unpredictable issues appropriately and safely
- Ability to make appropriate decisions at all levels
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Ability to organise the work load, able to delegate and prioritise
- Good knowledge of health and safety and risk management
- Computer literate
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Reflective practitioner
- Relevant experience/placements to the role including assessment and management of long term conditions, palliative care conditions and wound care.
- Ability to manage time and caseload effectively
- Provision of support and direction to learner nurses, Health Care Support Workers, Assistant practitioners and new starters
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please see person specification for additional criteria
East Cheshire NHS TrustAddress
Handforth Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.