This role is responsible for managing the operational and Programme portfolio as designated by the Associate Director for delivery of the Cheshire and Merseyside Covid-19 Vaccination and Testing response and realise the expected benefits of the collaboration at Scale Programme for the Cheshire & Merseyside Health & Care Partnership. The post holder will be an employee of LUHFT and will be entitled to all corporate benefits associated with it, and the NHS terms and conditions offered LUHFT. Supporting the Associate Director of the Covid-19 Vaccination and Testing response, the role is undertaken in a busy and dynamic environment, providing reliable and confident leadership in response to the national and regional programme of Covid-19 Vaccination and Testing delivery. You will be agile at undertaking projects with little direction and at short notice, ensuring your work is accurate, on time and clearly communicated. The post holder is responsible for the day to day line management of the SVOC team and the development and performance monitoring of the SVOC portfolio of work. You will provide oversight and direction as delegated to the wider junior members of the team to ensure operational delivery of the programme.Main duties of the job
Act on behalf and under the supervision of the Associate Director of Cheshire and Merseyside Vaccination and Testing Operations in all aspects of the programme strategy and delivery, as delegated.o Provide leadership and oversight of the C& M Covid-19 Testing & Vaccination Response SVOC Team members, including their portfolio of work and operational delivery.o To support the development, implementation and monitoring of the C& M Covid-19 Testing & Vaccination Response delivery plans and improvement.About usMersey Internal Audit Agency (MIAA)
is a major provider of internal audit and solutions services to over 50 NHS and public sector organisations in the Northwest and beyond. MIAA is part of the NHS and operates as a shared service. MIAA is the predominant supplier of internal audit and related services across its region including Solutions, Anti-Fraud, Technical Risk Assurance, Capital, Clinical Coding, Healthcare Quality Support Unit. MIAA's budgeted turnover is 12 million, which is demonstrative of the organisation's ambitious and strategic goals.
We are currently supporting Cheshire & Merseyside (C& M) Covid Vaccination Response team.
This role can be offered on either a secondment
basis or fixed term to 31st March 2024
. If applying on a secondment basis please seek the support of your existing employer before applying.
This is a Hybrid working role with a minimum expectation of 1 office day per week.
For more information, please contact Joe Dyson email@example.comJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To be a member of the C& M Covid-19 Testing & Vaccination Response Team for the C& M Collaboration at Scale Programme, providing dynamic, responsive operational and Programme leadership, that identifies, shapes, leads and enables the delivery of the C& M Covid-19 Testing & Vaccination Response agenda, taking account the needs of citizens, service users, partners, and other key C& M stakeholders. Support the Associate Director of Cheshire and Merseyside Vaccination and Testing in all aspects of the Covid-19 19 Vaccination Response Team Management as a full member or the Senior Management Team. Act on behalf and under the supervision of the Associate Director of Cheshire and Merseyside Vaccination and Testing Operations in all aspects of the programme planning and operational delivery, as delegated. Support programme oversight and relationship management for a portfolio of transformation programmes, projects and workstreams ensuring all independencies, risk and issues are managed effectively. Use project management skills to ensure all projects are appropriately scoped, planned and controlled to secure successful completion within time, cost and quality tolerances. Act as a Lead on key projects (as the Project Manager) within key areas of work. Support the work stream leads in running their respective work streams, providing guidance and support in line with the objectives and holding team members to account. Plan and lead the weekly operational and junior management meetings, and support colleagues with project meetings within the programme Ensure compliance with national and local guidelines and policies by identifying appropriate operational action plans that are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timebound) and delegate team roles and responsibilities covering all relevant aspects of the operational delivery of the COVID-19 Vaccination programme. Undertake the development of local policies and standard operating procedures using service improvement methodologies and standards to identify and implement opportunities that inform best practice in line with national directives. Ensure all standard operating procedures are documented, reviewed and updated. Overall responsibility for the daily operations of the Covid-19 Vaccination Response SVOC Team Provide leadership of the Programme Management Office by delivering a specific portfolio of programme transformation as delegated, using own initiative to identify appropriate actions and interventions to meet the programme objectives and seeking senior support when required. Interpreting standard programme or project data using good analytical skills underpinned by the relevant research to identify next steps and actions, and assist the senior leadership team and stakeholders to make informed decisions. The holding of databases to ensure the above mentioned interpretation van be delivered. Ensure compliance with Risk Management processes by supporting the management of the internal risk governance framework and escalating to senior management as appropriate. Support the investigation and response to complaints where necessary, investigating complaints using a root cause analysis approach and taking action to ensure an effective response from system operational delivery leads. Support the communication networks of the programme with key stakeholders. Linking across place, and place organisations to ensure participants are informed and enabled to make decisions and contribute to the programme deliverables. Ensure delivery against budgets by identifying and implementing cost improvement initiatives relevant to operational area of responsibility to ensure efficient and effective use of resources and achievement of financial targets. Work closely with business intelligence leads to inform analysis based on the operational and policy requirements of the programme and develop and produce timely and accurate reports to ensure plans are grounded on evidence-based data that are effective to the delivery of the programme. Complete formal reports including project reviews and identify recommendations with SMART action plans as commissioned. Use business process redesign skills to ensure that as-is and to-be process models are fit to meet requirements. Support the identification of robust costs and benefits to allow decision making to make clearly informed decisions about project viability and benefit to the ICB Promote the spirit of innovation across all teams within the C& M Covid-19 Response Programme, and to work with Place leads to promote a culture of innovation across all vaccination providers. Ensure that key messages are cascaded effectively through the programme, and to partners and stakeholders, as directed with the ability to see by exception areas requiring further review. Clinical GovernancePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to Master's degree level or has equivalent work based experience
- Recognised professional project management qualification e.g., PRINCE 2 or has equivalent work-based experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Management/leadership qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of operational and performance management within an NHS setting
- Experience in leading and managing service change in a complex environment.
- Experience in supporting the development and implementation of operational and financial plans.
- Experience of planning and managing risk
- Experience of budgetary management (with evidence of control)
- Knowledge of project management controls, tools, and techniques
- A good understanding of change management concepts
- Working knowledge of financial processes
- Good understanding of the current NHS agenda and healthcare policy
- Knowledge of the Cheshire and Merseyside ICS
- Knowledge and understanding of o Workforce Planning and deployment. o HR processes and the ability to apply the processes to the management of staff. o Corporate Governance o Stakeholder Engagement and management
- Knowledge of the Cheshire and Merseyside Vaccination Programme
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Applications including the ability to use Excel for analysis and reporting
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight timescales with competing priorities
- Ability to write comprehensive, clear and concise specifications and project documentation
- Ability to communicate a range of concepts and issues clearly to a wide audience
- Able to meet deadlines in a challenging and resource lean environment
- Ability to build strong relations with internal and external project stakeholders
- Ability to lead and effectively manage a team, and to motivate and support others
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, negotiation, persuasive and facilitation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to communicate information, recognising the impact and adjusting your communication style accordingly
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Personal integrity and Self-awareness
- Ability to remain resilient.
- Ability to respond to any other duties required as directed, in agreement with the Associate Director
- Ability to be flexible with hours and be responsive to the needs of the programme
- Ability to participate in the on-call rota
- Able to demonstrate positive behaviours against the organisational values
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.