The Paediatric Emergency Department at the Luton & Dunstable Hospital is in a busy district general hospital seeing over 27,500 children per year.
We are looking to welcome Registered Nurses to our Paediatric Emergency Department team. The service offers a dedicated Paediatric Emergency Department (ED) located adjacent to our Adult ED. Our successful applicants will benefit from the internal and external courses and the support of our senior team and our two practice development nurses. Courses include paediatric life support courses and trauma training.
Don't worry if you don't have any emergency care experience as we will support you to become confident in the assessment, recognition and management of the sick child within the emergency setting. The Luton & Dunstable Hospital is proud to have developed the Children's Assessment Knowledge Examination Skills (CAKES) course which covers the assessment, knowledge and skills of sick children.
We have a great record of nurse development and progression with recent internal promotions and newly qualified preceptorship programmes. We hold in house training and actively engage with the multidisciplinary team to aid in teaching. For this reason we would be keen to hear from you if you are experienced or newly qualified.Main duties of the jobProfessional Responsibilities
* Assess patient care needs and the development and implementation ofprogrammes of patient care and participate in the evaluation of these.* To ensure a high standard of nursing care is performed at all times and assist in the review and regular update of these standards.* Ability to recognise and respond appropriately to changes in the patient's condition and safety.* Ability to administer oral drugs safely and independently and that they areadministered in line with the NMC and Trust Policy guidelines.* Be aware of the principles of infection control.* Be able to communicate basic care information and answer queries.* To undertake intravenous drug therapy administration , training if required. Further information see attached Job DescriptionAbout us
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides hospital services to a growing population of around 700,000 people living across Bedfordshire and the surrounding areas across two busy hospital sites in Bedford and Luton. Both hospital sites offer key services such as A& E, Obstetrics-led Maternity and Paediatrics.
You will be joining a friendly, high performing Trust committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff. As one of the largest NHS Trusts in our region you will have access to a programme of high quality training and development to help you grow your career.
We have state-of-the art facilities placing us at the heart of cutting edge health care. The Trust continues to be committed to delivering the best patient care using the best clinical knowledge and technology available.
Please note that vacancies may close prior to the advertised closing date when sufficient number of applications have been received. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post. Travel between hospital sites may be required.
Please review all documents attached to this advert to ensure you familiarise yourself with all requirements of the job.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will provide a high standard of nursing care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of patient care. To work closely with the department / ward manager and multi-disciplinary team members in monitoring and maintaining policies, standards of nursing care, staff and service development with in the department / ward environment.
Please see detailed Job Description attached.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Current and Active NMC Registration (or pending qualification)
- Degree qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills
- Venepuncture and Cannulation
- Minor Injuries skills i.e wound closure
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work as part of team
- Experience in nursing paediatric patients
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Paediatric Emergency Department, Luton and Dunstable Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.