This role offers an exciting opportunity to work as a Band 6 SLT in Northallerton.
There will be an opportunity to work on The Rutson Unit which includes working closely with the multidisciplinary team, attending a case conference and working with a wide range of adult neurology patients with SLT needs.
This role also includes assessing and treating adult neurology patients in our outpatient clinic based at the Friarage Hospital and also in patient's own homes, with a further opportunity to work with dysphagia, dysfluency and voice.
There is a monthly videofluoroscopy clinic and these skills are therefore desirable.
You will work closely with the team lead and SLT assistants, and support their training and supervision as required. And alsoprovide training, direct/ indirect support to other professionals relating to adult communication and swallowing disorders.
You will participate in the development and implementation of care pathways, departmental policies/protocols.Main duties of the job
To assess, diagnose, develop, implement and evaluate Specialist Speech and Language Therapy Treatment and care programmes/plans for clients with communication and swallowing disorders
To fully contribute to clinical teams both multi-disciplinary and uni-disciplinary by discussing own and others input around client needs ensuring a well-co-ordinated care plan.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
We are a small and friendly community SLT team with a diverse set of skills in neurology, voice and stroke. This post is based in Northallerton within the Friarage Hospital working onto the Rehabilitation Unit and into a range of community settings
We encourage staff to develop their knowledge by engaging in CPD through team meetings and we support staff to attend external training and CENs. Our team forms part of a larger SLT service with excellent opportunities for clinical supervision and in service training arising across this area.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are willing to travel across the Hambleton and Richmondshire area
Please refer to job description for further details.Person SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Speech and Language Therapy Qualification
- A licence to practice as a qualified Speech and Language Therapist within the NHS
- Experience of working as a Speech and Language Therapist incorporating Adults with Acquired Disorders
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of videofluoroscopy examinations for dysphagia
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.