We are recruiting for a General Radiographer who wishes to join #TeamIOWNHS. You should share our passion and drive to ensure that our patients receive quality and compassionate care and work with us to ensure the Trust continues its journey towards great people, great place.
This is a truly exciting time to join our team as we work towards launching our newly developed �10m Community Diagnostic Centre (CDC) that will deliver first-class diagnostic care to our community.
The new centre will have the ability to deliver joined up diagnostic care, and with increased capacity this will ensure our patients will have faster access to treatment, earlier diagnosis, and improved outcomes.
By becoming part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work in innovative ways and play a central role in how we improve patient pathways, delivering the right test, at the right time, in the right place.Main duties of the job
You will perform a wide range of diagnostic radiographic procedures as required throughout the Department, managing patient priority as appropriate. Also participate in the weekend sessions/bank holiday/out of hours Radiographic rota under supervision, to contribute effectively to the delivery of an effective and responsive Radiology Service.
We are passionate about providing excellent CARE, which is why our values are C
espect and E
veryone counts. Our mission is to make sure that our community is at the heart of everything we do and that we hold our values across all our services.
We are committed to endorsing inclusion, diversity and multiculturalism throughout out services and as such, our procedures and policies ensure that applicants are always treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
Why not come and see for yourself the CARE we give to our patients and staff. Apply to be part of our team today.About us
The Isle of Wight NHS Trust is the only integrated acute, community, mental health and ambulance health care provider in England. We serve a population of approximately 150,000 residents, making the services we offer variable and personalised with a flexible approach to our service users.
Working for our Trust brings a variety of benefits, including an onsite day nursery, cycle-to-work scheme, discounts at local businesses and gyms, and the opportunity to hire Trust's beach hut in Ryde. We offer many flexible working opportunities, speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement for you and if it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
The Isle of Wight is a unique and stunning gem located off the South Coast of England, a short ferry journey from Portsmouth and Southampton, with journey times taking from as little as 10 minutes. London can be reached in 90 minutes by rail from Southampton or Portsmouth. The island offers an amazing coastline with beautiful countryside, year-round events, festivals and award-winning attractions.
Our 2020-2025 strategy sets out to ensure that we continue to be a provider of excellent and compassionate care. As part of this strategy, we are proactively taking steps to ensure that we recruit and retain the highest quality of talent to provide CARE and we would welcome applications from under-represented groups to ensure our Trust is an inclusive and diverse employer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma of College of Radiographers or BSc equivalent
- Registration with the Health & Care Profession Council
- Core 5, Level 3 Contribute to improving quality
- Recent experience of working in emergency NHS Trust environment
- Evidence of working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Recent experience using digital equipment in a PACS environment
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Core 2, Level 3 Develop oneself and contribute to the development of others
- Able to work all shift pattern, including night shifts
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to wear radiation protective clothing (5mm equivalence) and monitoring devices
- Be able to operate VDU equipment in both image acquisition and data management
- Be able to operate manual handling aids, as provided by the department including patient slide boards, sheets, hoists and trolleys
- Be able to operate and move full range of radiographic equipment including over-couch tubes, mobile Image Intensifiers with monitors and mobile x-ray machines (motorised and non-motorised)
- Attend annual update and complete e-learning modules, as required in relation to manual handling
- Must be able to demonstrate good technical knowledge and continuous development
- Core 6, Level 2 Support equality and diversity
- Must be able to work to short deadlines and have a flexible approach to workload
- Core 3, Level 2 Monitor and maintain health, safety and security of self and others
- Core 4, Level 2 Contribute to the implementation of services
- HWB3, Level 2 Contribute to protecting people at risk
- HWB6, Level 3 Assess physiological and psychological functioning and develop, monitor and review related treatment plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Effective advocate for patients
- Evidence of leadership skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Core 1, Level 3 Develop and maintain communication with people about difficult matters and/or in difficult situations
- IK2, Level 1 Collect, collate and report routine and simple data and information
Isle of Wight NHS TrustAddress
St. Mary's Hospital
Newport, Isle of Wight
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.