This is an exciting opportunity for a Dietitian who has a level of specialist experience within paediatrics wishing to further progress their skills and knowledge or someone who has some generalist experience paediatric Dietetics and is interested in developing more specialist skills in this clinical area. We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated and ambitious Dietitian to join our friendly and supportive Children and Young People's Team in northern Lincolnshire.
We are looking for a self- motivated, friendly and enthusiastic Dietitian to join our established Children's Therapy Team across Northern and North East Lincolnshire working for Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Trust. We are a small but dynamic multi professional team comprised of Dietitians, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy. The team is based in the community across both Scunthorpe and Grimsby sites.Main duties of the job
Your role will be to provide high quality, patient-centred care to children and young people across community and inpatient settings. You will support children, young people and their families with a wide range of conditions including but not exclusive to allergies, nutritional support, home enteral feeding, obesity and gastrointestinal conditions. There may also be the opportunity to develop knowledge around preterm nutrition within our Special Care Baby Unit. You will work independently, but also as part of a multi-disciplinary team where this is needed. You will be expected to support the team lead in new developments, regular audits and development of outcome measures. We are also able to discuss and negotiate agile and flexible working utilising virtual working within acceptable limits to the service.
- To manage a defined caseload of patients aged 0-18 years using advanced evidence based/patient centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions, including discharge.
- To provide day to day support as well a responsibility for line management of junior Band 5 and non registered staff, as delegated by your supervisor.
- To supervise students on practice placement as appropriate
- The applicant will need to have access to transport and the ability to safely transport yourself and equipment (i.e scales) around the required geographical area during the course of their working day
We're a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt 'best practice' so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
To learn more about Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, and discover the unique benefits on offer to employees, view our latest videos, plus more, please visit our recruitment website at https://joinnlag.co.uk/
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.
Please be aware that all newemployees starting work with us will be charged for the cost of their DBS check, if it is required for their role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
We strongly value the different perspectives and ideas a diverse workforce brings to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- oDegree/Diploma in Dietetics
- oHCPC Registration
- oMembership of BDA
- oMembership of BDA Paediatric Specialist Group
- oPost graduate study in appropriate clinical areas e.g. MSc modules in paediatrics
- oRelevant accredited courses related to clinical areas in adult or paediatric dietetics
- oWide range of CPD activities, esp. related to specialist area
- oPost Graduate clinical experience of working with a broad range of patients across a variety of settings at post graduate level (minimum of 12 months experience)
- oClinical experience as Autonomous practitioner for management of less complex clinical paediatric clinical pathways e.g. CMA and weight management
- oExperience of working with at least one complex paediatric pathway e.g. enteral tube feeding with senior supervision and support
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oPost registration experience of other specialist areas of dietetics in any age e.g. faltering growth, Home Enteral Feeding, patients with complex medical diagnoses
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Diana Princess of Wales Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.