Are you dedicated to working with children and young people?
We are looking for Senior Mental Health Practitioners to join the CAMHS Crisis and Outreach service, INTERACT,
working in the Outreach Pathway.
Interact provides crisis psychiatric liaison to 3 acute medical emergency departments and outreach services for children and young people. This is based on a need and risk led service providing, short term crisis resolution and prevention intervention within NELFT's London catchment area. The team also provide outreach intervention via regular consistent face to face contact.Main duties of the job
INTERACT provides a bio-psychosocial focused service to residents of four London boroughs and works alongside locally based statutory and non-statutory services The service works alongside the award winning & CQC rated 'Outstanding' Brookside Inpatient unit, an Young Person Home Treatment Team,as well as providing training and consultation to the wider professional network.
The successful candidate will have relevant clinical knowledge of Mental Health for Child and Adolescents and will have the ability to work autonomously. You will hold a current Nursing, Social work or Occupational Therapist fostering a positive belief in the abilities of their Child or young person and carers. Desirable skills include behavioural activation, CBT approach, supervision of junior staff and crisis management.
The post holder will benefit from a friendly supportive work environment and be supported to work collaboratively with families and services, providing crisis intervention as well as more traditional community support. The successful candidate will work alongside highly motivated colleagues and have access to effective supervision and relevant training.About us
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process, new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing on engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High-Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification when completing your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current RMN or HCP registration
- Teaching qualification (ENB 998, TICS, MELPS etc)
- Other specific job related post registration qualification
- Evidence of post-registration clinical development.
- To have experience in working / liaising with multi-disciplinary teams and other agencies in the provision of care.
- CAMHS experience
- Experience of working in community
- The 1983 Mental Health Act and related legislation, codes of practice and guidance
- Best practice, latest research and effective care delivery processes
- Medication management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Well-developed interpersonal skills especially when handling conflict and change.
- Ability to resolve difficulties which affect working relationships and to offer support to staff, service users and carers on an ongoing daily basis
- Ability to explore emotionally demanding aspects of the role with appropriate staff in both managerial and clinical supervision as well as in team meetings and informal work related support systems
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
107a Barley Lane, Ilford, Essex, IG3 8XJ
London - Goodmayes
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.