Health Trust based at the Cardiac Department at St Bartholomew's Hospital. The post will involve helping to carry out the day-to-day services, including non-invasive diagnostic tests and invasive procedures, and cross-site cover at other hospitals within the trust.
Applicants should be competent in all non-invasive and invasive (catheter lab) cardiac investigations. Training in CRM will be provided as per service need.
We have a supportive environment for training and development and attendance at National Conferences. Internal and external courses are encouraged. You will be expected to demonstrate maturity and experience consistent with this grade and position, however, further training will be provided if necessaryMain duties of the job
An experienced Senior Cardiac Physiologist is required to work competently within a multi-disciplinary team. The post holder will be required to perform foundation level tasks unsupervised and to assist senior staff as required. The post holder must be able participate in both invasive and non-invasive clinical procedures competently. In addition the post holder will be required to supervise, train, guide and support staff in the performance of their individual roles and to give support to senior staff members.
This role is ideally for a Physiologist with an interest and a passion for arrhythmia management. We have a supportive environment for training and development and attendance at National Conferences. Internal and external courses are encouraged. You will be expected to demonstrate maturity and experience consistent with this grade and position, however, further training will be provided if necessaryAbout us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as they are underrepresented within Barts Health at this band.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To be proficient in all non-invasive cardiology procedures as well as diagnositic and interventional coronary angiograms. Tests and procedures include:
- Electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Holter monitors (24/48/72-hour and 7-days), event recorder fitting and analysis and direct to patient (DIP) ambulatory ECG services (including triage and escalation).
- Fitting, removal and analysis of ambulatory blood pressure monitors
- Assisting with cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPEX)
- Physiologist-led Exercise Tolerance Testing and interpreting
- To be a key member of the Immediate Life Support team in all Cardiology clinical areas according to Trust Guidelines.
- Physiologist role within cardiac catheter labs (diagnostic and interventional angiography)
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Training in cardiac rhythm management will be provided as appropriate. We undertake to support a 40 / 60 spilt between specialist training and service delivery within CRM and interventional labs. This may vary slightly depending on skill mix at the time.
- BSc Healthcare Science or equivalent
- Immediate life support
- Well versed in basic diagnostics
- Previous experience of working in a busy outpatient clinic environment
- Experience with non-invasive cardiology procedures e.g. ECG, Holter analysis
- Experience in interventional cardiology
- Knowledge of the data protection act and an understanding of patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of Equal Opportunity and diversity issues.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft (Word & Excel) applications.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent communication skills.
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
St. Bartholomew's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.