We have exciting opportunities for registered children's nurses to work within the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. You would be joining a friendly and dynamic multi-disciplinary team, whose paediatric services were rated as GOOD by the CQC .
We are looking for registered paediatric nurses of all levels of experience, who have passion and drive to provide excellent patient care for all children aged 0-16 years and their families.
At present we have positions within the paediatric ward.. We can offer full or part time hours and encourage flexibility of working hours within our workforce.
Our paediatric ward has 28 beds, caring for children with a wide spectrum of medical conditions. The paediatric assessment unit is co-located within the ward allowing all staff the opportunity to develop their acute assessment skills. We have excellent links with the Tertiary centres and provide shared care for oncology patients.
Please note, this post is open to newly qualified nurses or students due to qualify soon!Main duties of the job
- Participate in the provision of a high standard of patient centred evidence-based nursing care
- Assist in the delivery of a family-centred, clinically effective and dynamic service from the babies/child's/young person's admission assessment to discharge
- Act as a role model for other staff.
- Contribute to the development of action plans, protocols and pathways to ensure continuous quality improvement of the paediatric/neonatal service.
- Using appraisal reviews to progress personal and professional knowledge and skills.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) King's Lynn is located near some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK, along the north Norfolk coast, and not far from Sandringham House.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialist, acute, obstetrics and community-based healthcare services to around 331,000 people across west and north Norfolk, in addition to parts of Breckland, Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire.
We have more than 4,000 staff and volunteers, approximately 530 beds, and a helipad for air ambulances. We work with neighbouring hospitals for the provision of tertiary services, including as part of regional partnership and network models of care, such as the trauma network.
In February 2022 the significant progress that has been made at QEH was recognised by the Care Quality Commission who rated the Trust as 'Good' in all of the core services they inspected. They recommended the Trust moves out of the recovery support system (formerly special measures).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further information about this role.Person SpecificationSkills, abilities and knowledgeEssential
- Ability to plan and prioritise care for patients
- Committed to family centred care
- Ability to work well both in a team and on own initiative
- Experience with the administration of IV drugs
- Good IT skills
- Central venous access management
Desirable Qualifications/training and professional developmentEssential
- Experience of having worked with acute /chronically sick children
- Experience of supervising and assessing students
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered Paediatric nurse
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing
- Teaching and Assessing qualification
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHSFTAddress
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.