**The banding for this position is subject to agenda for change job evaluation**
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust can offer you great career prospects and a fantastic lifestyle.
The Estates Directorate are seeking a highly committed professional to join our team. You will have first line management responsibility for the relevant members of the Estates maintenance team and will assist the Head of Operational Estates with management of the maintenance and upkeep of the Trust's buildings and engineering infrastructure, including the control and co-ordination of work undertaken by contractors, and the planning and implementation of planned preventive maintenance programmes with a strong focus on providing a high quality, proactive and responsive maintenance and repair service to the Trust.
As a strong people manager and someone who continually seeks improvement, you will be passionate about the provision of high quality service for our patients and staff, and be committed to our values with an ability to inspire, motivate and empower those around you.
The successful applicant will have a positive can do attitude and be able to demonstrate flexibility and initiative when dealing with a wide range of engineering/building services.
(Annex 21) Agenda for Change applications are welcomed.Main duties of the job
You will ensure compliance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act and associated Regulations, plus will undertake the role of Coordinating Authorised Person/ Authorised Person/ Responsible Person in areas such as Medical Gases, Electrical Safety, Decontamination, Water, Pressure Systems, Lifts, Asbestos and Specialised Ventilation, with suitable training and support where necessary.
You will ensure that the physical environment including all buildings and facilities are safe and fit for purpose, for patients and staff including relatives and visitors.
Provide team leadership and co-ordination to achieve high levels of productivity and exceptional standards of service, in the most cost effective manner.About us
Situated in one of the most attractive parts of the country with dramatic countryside and bustling towns we have fantastic, supportive friendly teams and excellent professional NHS job development opportunities.
The Trust has a vision for the future that puts the patient at the heart of everything we do and is guided by the principles and values about which we care deeply.
Applicants should possess appropriate mechanical, electrical or building engineering professional knowledge acquired through a degree, plus specialist training, or have an equivalent level of engineering knowledge acquired through accredited courses supplemented by extensive experience gained whilst working in a similar position in an complex organisation, preferably with evidence of management development and formal health and safety training.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional Knowledge acquired through degree, or equivalent plus specialist knowledge acquired through post-graduate course, and experience to master equivalent level in building services/engineering related discipline
- Suitable IT skills e.g: MS Word & Excel/CAFM systems
- Committed to continuous management/professional development e.g. Authorised person training to develop competence in areas such as Ventilation, Water Decontamination etc.
- Certificate/Diploma in Management Studies or Equivalent
- Certificate /Diploma in Management Studies or equivalent
- Accredited H& S Training e.g. NEBOSH Certificate or IOSH Managing Safely
- Operational maintenance management in a complex organisation to meet statutory H& S standards
- Substantial experience of managing building and engineering maintenance staff, plus Contractors.
- Conversant with best practice methods of maintenance works, services procurement and contract management.
- Financial control of an estates operations budget.
- Broad Understanding of national and local NHS policies and initiatives affecting engineering and building services within the healthcare environment.
- Experience of managing hospital engineering systems in healthcare premises, and HTM requirements.
- Significant experience of managing organisational change & service improvement in Trade Unionised environment.
- Able to deal with multiple complex issues and take the head in the event of operational failures and incidents.
- Able to work to own initiative.
- Good Communication/Presentation Skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full driving licence & prepared to travel between sites.
- Flexibility of Working Hours if required.
- Willing to be part of the Estates in-call system.
- Able to hold confidence in the interests of the Trust.
- Able to respond promptly to situations or incidents requiring immediate action e.g. major loss of engineering services.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.