The Waiting List Support Service provides a valuable service to patients who are waiting for surgery. Our staff are available to support and advise individuals on a broad range of issues - from physical fitness to general wellbeing - and work with them to ensure that they are as fit as possible and ready for their treatment when the time comes.
The service is aimed at ensuring that patients are fit and ready, supported while they wait, and help us to minimise the number of procedures that need to be cancelled and rescheduled due to patients worsening health conditions.Main duties of the job
As a Registered Nurse within the service the successful candidates will be responsible for giving specialist clinical advice to patients on how they can optimise their health pre-operatively. Specifically, the Nurses will:
- Provide advice on self-management options whilst waiting
- Offer advice on what do to if their symptoms deteriorate
- Establish a systematic approach to measuring clinical risk and use this to inform waiting list prioritization
- Offer alternative treatment options if appropriate
- Working with the wider multi-disciplinary team for each service to ensure patients receive safe and effective standards of advice, guidance and information.
The successful candidate will ideally have significant clinical experience working within a multi-disciplinary team across different clinical specialties/conditions within the integrated care system.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Interviews to be held on 4th October 2023.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Get instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit Wagestream. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real-time, stream up to 50% of the money youve already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save your wages straight from your salary.
https://fb.watch/hzQjE8HzTN/Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Level 1 registered nurse
- Current NMC registration
- Mentorship qualification or equivalent
- Knowledge of current waiting times and NHS targets
- Evidence of continuing professional development, statutory and mandatory training
- Understanding of clinical governance
- Understanding of Quality Improvement
- Degree in Nursing
- Surgical or orthopaedic relevant courses
- Leadership qualification or willing to work towards
- Substantial post registration experience
- Proficient clinician
- Well-developed clinical skills
- Previous evidence of audit and research
Language SkillsDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previously worked within acute setting
- Contact centre or Call handling experience
- Teaching/facilitation experience
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.