Seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic Perioperative Practitioners who are interested in developing their career in an education role to support Perioperative Staff across Hywel Dda UHB.
You should have professional registration with the NMC or HCPC and have extensive perioperative clinical experience. You are ideally required to be working at Post Graduate Diploma level with experience of mentoring, teaching and assessing.
The successful candidate will be based at Glangwili General Hospital in Carmarthen and be willing to travel across the four sites of the Health Board.Main duties of the job
A proven interest in training, education and professional development for all staff is essential. Further development would be supported within the role. You should have excellent care values and a strong sense of team spirit, sense of humour and a willingness to travel across the Health Board when required. Enthusiasm to work, learn and develop self and colleagues within the exciting high pressure Perioperative environment.
You will be dynamic, forward thinking in your approach and focused on providing safe, efficient and person centred care. The role includes working with all staff and key stakeholders to improve Theatre culture and to develop the future workforce. The post holder will be able to deliver face to face training to staff, identifying gaps in knowledge and working with individuals towards a competency framework.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Interviews to be held on 28th September 2023.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Get instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit Wagestream. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real-time, stream up to 50% of the money youve already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save your wages straight from your salary.
https://fb.watch/hzQjE8HzTN/Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Nurse/ODP
- Degree Level Education or equivalent
- Mentorship. Evidence of CPD and extended skills and identified areas of additional responsibilities
- Assessor qualification or work towards
- Up to date knowledge of Local and National agenda's
- Knowledge of implementing change
- Able to apply Local and National policies to practice
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding
- Up to date with best practice guidelines
- Evidence of research based practice and development
- Post graduate teaching qualification (PGCE)
- Evidence of further professional development
- Working towards MSc (Level 7)
- Evidence of a recognised management course
- Leadership course
- IQT Silver
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation and government guidance
- Knowledge of service delivery systems in health care
- Substantial post registration experience in Theatres at Band 6 and/or experience in Theatre shift coordination in the absence of a Band 6/7 sister/charge nurse
- Proven high standard of nursing care
- Evidence of involvement in Quality Improvement
- Evidence of involvement in both formal and informal teaching and clinical skills development within Theatre Services
Language SkillsDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Team Leadership experience
- Audit/ evaluation experience
- Experience of recruitment/ interviewing process
- Evidence of involvement in incident reporting and investigation
- Evidence of involvement in the PADR process for staff
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Glangwili General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.