An exciting opportunity has arisen to contribute to the Acute Mental Health Occupational Therapy provision at NELFT.
The Occupational Therapy profession within NELFT is a highly valued, vibrant group based across a wide range of health services.
Occupational Therapists work as integrated members of multi-disciplinary teams contributing their unique professional skills, supporting service users to increase their independence and achieve their personal goals. All Occupational Therapists receive professional supervision from a Senior OT.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive 1:1 and group OT assessments and interventions to the designated service user group.
- Working collaboratively with other OTs within the ARD MH OT Team to ensure the highest possible quality OT service is provided to service users across the acute mental health pathway
- Providing supervision and support to junior staff in the Occupational Therapy and Ward Teams as designated by senior staff.
- Deputising for the ARD MH Band 7 Occupational Therapist when required
- Supporting the acute mental health therapeutic group programme on the acute mental health wards and in the community, ensuring that the programme is regularly reviewed and developed to meet the needs of the service user group
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex. High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High-Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful applicant will:
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential ExperienceEssential
- Have strong clinical reasoning and experience in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating O.T interventions.
- Have a good understanding of Occupational Therapy Models and Process including the evidence base for OT.
- Have the ability to work and liaise with a multi-disciplinary team utilising good interpersonal skills and excellent communication.
- Significant post graduate experience in mental health setting
- Post graduate experience in an acute mental health setting
QualificationsEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to provide assessment and intervention to patients experiencing acute mental illness
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Sunflowers Court, Goodmayes Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.