We have a variety of permanent full time and part time posts available across or a post in either Caerphilly or Blaenau Gwent.
The NHS across Wales is transforming, and leading the way in delivering system-wide improvements is Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (ABUHB), in south-east Wales. An exciting range of opportunities has been developed in line with our innovative Clinical Futures Model and you could be joining ABUHB at a truly once in a generation era. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team as we pioneer new ways of delivering health services across the Gwent area.
The development of a Psychological Health Practitioner (PHP) Service is the first of its kind in Wales, with the people of Gwent being able to access timely assessment of their mental health needs within a Primary Care setting.Main duties of the job
Attached to GP practices across Gwent, Psychological Health Practitioners will be integrated into primary care multi-disciplinary teams within a dedicated geographical area promoting place based working. This means that you will be at the forefront of service delivery to enhance the support offered to those citizens experiencing mental health difficulties of low severity. Note that the our PHP service is different to that offered elsewhere in the UK and so if invited for interview, candidates are encouraged to make contact to understand the differences.
You will offer a mental health assessment, signposting and community connection, and referral to the Primary Care Mental Health Support Service (PCMHSS), where appropriate some limited follow up may be required. You may also design and implement brief group interventions to meet local needs where such interventions are not currently available.
We are seeking to appoint people who have relevant the experience and/or qualifications and have worked in a mental health support setting. Equally important, is a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and a passion to make a real difference to make this initiative a success. You should be able to work well within teams and foster good working relationships, as well as being able to develop positive therapeutic relationships with people experiencing mental health issues.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your speciality or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- Qualifications, Educated to degree level or equivalent demonstrable knowledge and experience
- BPS Accredited PHP qualification (PG Certificate), or equivalent qualification/experience resulting in a good understanding of the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Model OR Training in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, counselling or within a psychological therapy
- Training in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, counselling or within a psychological therapy
- Paid post graduate work providing assessment of common mental health difficulties
- Paid post graduate work providing evidence-based treatment for common mental health difficulties
- Evidence of receiving regular Clinical Supervision in relation to low intensity interventions
- Experience in providing written clinical communication (e.g. referral letters/reports)
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Working in IAPT setting
- Experience of working within social care or welfare benefits system
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation and passion for your profession
- To work well within a team and foster good working relationships
- To develop positive therapeutic relationships with people experiencing mental health issues
- Ability to process large quantities of information whilst maintaining rapport with clients
- Computer literacy and ability to learn new IT systems
- Able to adapt clinical skills to working remotely (i.e. via telephone/video calls).
- To be reflective, whilst working with service users
- To work independently, reliably and consistently with a busy workload showing strong organisational skills
- Any of the desirable abilities: oKnowledge of NHS policies, procedures and guidelines oKnowledge of outcome measures and their use in clinical audit oAbility to work effectively with interpreters oKnowledge of different mental health models and research/evident based treatment oFamiliarity with 'Attend Anywhere' or other video conferencing systems
- People first & passion for improvement
- Personal responsibility & pride in work
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel between sites in a timely manner
Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAddress
Health Board Wide
St Cadocs, Lodge Road
Health Board Wide
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.