Seeking a change? Want to feel valued and that you are making a difference? Want more support or more responsibility? We can offer all of the above to suit your needs and working style.
The Therapy Team working within the Emergency Department and Acute Assessment Units are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join their growing team. The post is open to current band 6's and to Band 5's as a development role if needed. We can offer a supportive transition to band 6 or stretch your responsibilities depending upon where you are at in your career.
You will be working with a large supportive team of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Assistants to assess patients and facilitate rapid discharges. We work as an integrated team and feel valued by our MDT colleagues as making a difference.Main duties of the job
The role of the Senior Therapist is to provide, develop and deliver a specialised and skilled level of Physiotherapy/Occupational therapy intervention to emergency and assessment units across a seven day service.
Patients will include complex, multipathologies from medical, surgical and orthopaedic conditions. The purpose of the team is to provide rapid assessment and timely discharges within the Emergency Department and Acute Assessment units. Avoiding admission to wards, reducing readmission rates and collaborative working with community services are the fundamentals of our work.
We are an integrated OT/PT service with shared skills to facilitate seamless working.About us
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are.
Service We will put our patients firstTeamwork We will work togetherAmbition We will aspire to provide the best serviceRespect We will act with integrityJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To assist with the modernisation of the therapy services to provide high quality care and timely intervention.
- To hold responsibility for own case load and be responsible for all patients on their wards, working without direct supervision. Supervision will take the form of regular formal training, clinical reasoning sessions and one to one sessions with a supervisor.
- The staff member will be required to work their contracted hours over 7 days a week.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
- To chair Team meetings, planning staffing and workloads. Monitor and manage annual leave or sickness ensuring adequate cover.
- To work within a framework of local, national and CSP/RCOT delivered standards and evaluate quality of practice, this may include undertaking evidence-based audit, satisfaction surveys, recording statistics and service change.
- To actively participate in the Clinical Governance agenda of the team you are working in.
Please see the attached job description for full informationPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- State Registered HCPC
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy
- Leadership / management training
- Experience in complex discharge planning within the NHS
- Working as part of a MDT and joint problem solving
- Supervision and training of others
- Experience in orthopaedics, community, intermediate care, acute inpatients and rapid response and admission avoidance.
- Experience of Splints and braces
- Use of Outcome measures
- Experience in Respiratory care and respiratory on call service (Physio only)
- Good verbal communication to enable effective MDT working and communicating with relatives, patients etc.
- Capacity assessments, consent and safeguarding's within the NHS or adult social care.
- Sound clinical reasoning skills to allow for appropriate treatment selection and discharge planning.
- Able to treat complex cases and assist juniors in their treatment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To be able to prepare and deliver presentations to a group and teaching skills
- IT skills including word and outlook.
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Western Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.