An exciting 12 month secondment opportunity (with potential to extend further) is available supported by a funding programme from the Well Child Charity, for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our Children's Respiratory Team as the Band 7 Well Child Childrens Nurse for Neuromuscular disorders. Progress towards key performance indicators will be monitored 6 monthly to ensure continued access to funding.
The post holder will based at the Royal Stoke Hospital site and will work closely with the children's neuromuscular team based at Robert Jones and Anges Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital team and the WellChild Charity.
Following an induction period, you will be the WellChild Childrens Nurse for Neuromuscular disorders delivering care for our patients and will be the bridge between primary, secondary and tertiary care, responsible for assessing the needs of the child and young person and supporting families in gaining packages of care and providing and delivering their treatment needs. You need to be enthusiastic, dynamic, proactive, innovative, and highly motivated. You must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to work with the multidisciplinary teams in secondary, tertiary and primary care services.
All applicants will be expected to meet the essential criteria and possess the relevant post registration experience as outlined in the person specification.Main duties of the jobThis post provides a highly developed and effective service for children with neuromuscular disorders and complex care needs. The post holder will have highly developed leadership skills and specialist clinical knowledge and expertise in the care and management of children with neuromuscular disorders and complex health needs. About us
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. Based across two sites, Royal Stoke in Stoke-on-Trent and County Hospital in Stafford, we are proud to serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales.
All of our employees make a valuable contribution regardless of role here at UHNM and we are proud of our wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
UHNM create and encourage a culture of inclusion, providing equal opportunities for career development that are fair and transparent. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture in which all staff feel valued and respected. In return we ask all of our employees to make a commitment to the values, co-created by or staff, patients and carers, and that unite us as a Trust.
At University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust we know that investing in, supporting and developing our staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that we deliver. Our employees are as important as our patients and the population that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job description or contact the HM for more details (contact details listed below).Person SpecificationKnowledge and SkillsEssential
- oMinimum of 3 years post registration experience - including experience with complex care and technology dependency
- oMinimum 2 years Band 6 or equivalent with clinical and leadership experience
- oExperience of supporting child and family learning and use of competency based assessments
- oAbility to prioritise workload in response to service need
- oAbility to motivate and support others to achieve goals
- oAble to act on own initiative, organise and prioritise work and manage multiple tasks
- oIT skills, including keyboard and word processing skills
- oAbility to travel to and work across multiple sites as other hospital / home visits will be required
- oFlexible and reliable approach to working practices
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oNMC Registered Children's Nurse
- oDegree in Nursing or able to demonstrate academic ability at degree level
- oClinical Health Assessment skills qualification
- oMentorship or equivalent
- oEvidence of continuing academic progression in combination with equivalent experience
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Staffordshire Children's Hospital @Royal Stoke
Stoke On Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.